Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Virtuoso

Re: Bye Bye Top Shelf Scotch

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I always wanted to get my hands on some Alberta Premium. I've read great things but I hear it's hard to find. I'm sure JamesW will be surprised by the number of quality Canadian whiskeys to be found. I still haven't tried the Forty Creek despite its cheap price tag. I just expect it to be bland for some reason but shouldn't judge until I've sampled some.
    Yeah, I probably need to give the Canadian Whiskey's another go I guess. My brother brought me a bottle of Canadian Club Classic 12 yr a few years back and it was very bland. I've always just thought of Canadian Whiskey as a mixer. I'm sure some of the premium stuff is decent. I will definitely look for the Alberta Premium while up in MTL.

Just checked the SAQ website and looks like the Regie doesn't carry any of it. No surprise.
    Last edited by JamesW; 03-26-2010 at 10:46.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Yeah, I probably need to give the Canadian Whiskey's another go I guess. My brother brought me a bottle of Canadian Club Classic 12 yr a few years back and it was very bland. I've always just thought of Canadian Whiskey as a mixer. I'm sure some of the premium stuff is decent. I will definitely look for the Alberta Premium while up in MTL.

Just checked the SAQ website and looks like the Regie doesn't carry any of it. No surprise.
    Ain't that always the way.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post

They will all seem bland next to bourbon and Scotch, IMO. You'll learn to appreciate it for its subtlety, or not at all.