Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Attention Michter's Fans....

Coming up on Valentines Day (Feb, 14th 2010) is the 20th anniversary of Michter's closing its doors in Schaefferstown. The owner of the distillery and I are planning on doing a "Toast to Michter's" that day and possibly giving a tour, and, if we are really lucky, have master distiller Dick Stoll there. Again, this is all up in the air and I am just gauging interest. If we can get it all together, we plan on making it an event! Let me know if you are interested and I will keep you all up to date if there is enough interest and we get it all together!
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Guru

Re: Attention Michter's Fans....

Sure wish you weren't so far away. That would be great fun!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

I can quite possibly make it. I'm down on delmarva. Where do I sign up?

Enthusiast

WOW! That is really cool! I wish I could make it because that would be a truly amazing opportunity. Unfortunately you are 1700 miles away. Wow!

Connoisseur

Right now this thread is to gauge interest and see how many people would be able to make it to the distillery that day. By replying to the thread saying you can come lets me know your interest. All updates will also be through this thread. Keep in mind that this is still in the planning stages and will only happen if we get enough people that can come. So even if you're not a Michter's fan but are interested in history or really neat abandoned stuff, come along for the day!
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Connoisseur

I have been planning on getting down there, this may be the right time. Have you talked to Dick yet?

Disciple

The lady and I will make a Valentine's mini-vacation out of it. I think she would have a great time touring an old distillery on Valentine's day. I've got a keeper.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tmckenzie View Post
    I have been planning on getting down there, this may be the right time. Have you talked to Dick yet?
    I have what I think is his contact info and passed it along to the owner of the distillery. He knew Dick many years ago and said he is going to call him. Again, this is all in the planning stages so nothing is concrete yet. But so far the response has been very positive so I hope to at least do a tour.

Advanced Taster

Definitely interested and may have a friend or two interested as well. Plus my lady and i don't put too much stock in the hallmark holidays so i might be able to....

Connoisseur

Ok, just spoke to the owner of Michter's and at this point, we are on for the 14th! He is willing to give at least 1 tour (his health isn't great so walking around a lot isn't easy all the time for him) of the safe parts of the distillery. So, that all being said, what time would work best for all of you that want to come? I was thinking later morning, like 10AM or something. That way it's not as cold, but it still gives ample time for a tour and then time to spend with your significant others the rest of the day.