Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Whiskey Love from Portland, OR

Hi all.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Geoff (some people call me "G") and I run a new sprits mag out of Portland, Oregon called http://www.drinkspirits.com

Originally was working on a magazine article about the cocktail culture and micro-distillery movement here in Portland and realized I had a LOT more stuff than just a single article.

Although I review a lot of spirits my absolute love is Whisk(e)y in all forms (except Canadian, or bad blends, or many Irish), ok maybe not all forms.

I'm a huge fan of Ardbeg, bought my wife the Nam Beist as a "I Love You Gift", it went over VERY well. Also love bourbon, have a special bottle of Parker's Heritage that I am holding for a special day.

My love of whisk(e)y has really expanded since I started the site into white whiskey or white dog. I'm finding some great things to love in whiskeys raw form.

Taster

Re: Whiskey Love from Portland, OR

Welcome to SB, Geoff. My middle son & DIL live in Portland--beautiful city! I'm hoping to get to visit them in July or August.

I'm a Scotch drinker, too--DH converted me about 9 years ago, and my oldest son (with the help of SB members) is now teaching me about bourbon. However, I doubt he'll be able to drag me too far away from my Scotch. Love Ardbeg, Talisker, Lagavulin . . . and Laphroaig (my favorite)! Peaty, smoky . . . ahhhhh . . .

Enjoy the forum!
    Sandy

"Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake." W. C. Fields

Welcome Geoff

I bookmarked your site and will spend some time there this weekend. Sound like you like a wide verity of liquors including whiskey. I was a beer guy before I got in to bourbon and am now venturing out into other whiskies. Tell us about some of the bourbons you like. Post often on here it sound like you have a lot of knowledge you can share with us. Chat is officially Thursday and Sunday nights but someone is there most night especially weekends. Come join us we have a good time in there while we drink a few drinks and chat about our favorite bourbon or latest find. Or maybe talk about some bourbon history or tell a joke or two.

Paul
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Hey and welcome! Good to see another blogger/mag on here. I'm the beer editor and one of the owners of Mutineer Magazine (www.mutineermagazine.com) which is an all things fine beverage mag and a PNW native myself out of Seattle. The blog is looking great and definitely a good read, keep up the good work!

I'll be following your blog. Cheers!

Enthusiast

Welcome! I checked out your blog--great read!
    Amy

Welcome to SB Geoff. This is a great place to learn about bourbon, and other spirits as well. Lot's of info to be found and shared. Looking forward to your posts. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Welcome Geoff.... That bacon flavored vodka scares me a little. On the other hand.... Everything tastes better with bacon!!!
    Jeff...

I can learn to resist anything but temptation.