Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

What Beer are you Drinking Spring 2010

Ok this time I am actually not drinking beer at all. I am rather thinking about drinking beer. It is the time of the year that Mai Bocks are fresh and full of flavor and I will be drinking a Sprecher Mai Bock when I get home. I also need to crack open the Kasteel Double I have at home as it was bottled last year on todays date which just so happens to be my 10th Wedding Anniversary. Gotta Love Spring Gotta Love Beer
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Enthusiast

Re: What Beer are you Drinking Spring 2010

I'm brewing up lighter ABV summer beers now to start to get them into rotation. I have the recipe that won the Stone competiton which will be brewed later this summer, the West Coast Bitter. Guy who won lives a few blocks from me. That's going to the keg this Saturday.

Lighter hoppy, caramel red ale will be brewed this weekend and in 2 weeks a single roasty stout. AFter that I'll probably be back to brewing the WCB again. Uses a TON of hops though...

I need to upgrade some of my brewin equipment to start looking at 10 gallon batches.
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Disciple

Post Re: What Beer are you Drinking Spring 2010

Right now I am drinking Red Sky At Night by Heavy Seas Brewing! A very nice spring summer Ale. Also some Stegmaier Bock a tasty bock for sure very malty.
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beer It Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

Guru

Had a beautiful glass of Paulaner Salvator (doppelbock) with some brats and German potato salad for lunch. I'll be digging lots of bocks this spring as we head towards summer.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

A dang fine day, a dang fine run, followed up with a dang fine Two Hearted Ale.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

Last sat while brewing I had a Lost Abbey Hot Rock Lager and a Deschuttes Jubel 2010. Also usually pick up bombers of Alpine's Nelson, just love that beer.

Waiting for my west coast bitter to finish carbing up so I can move it from the garage kegerator to the kitchen kegerator. Hoppy red ale "Goofballs" in the fermenter now.
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Connoisseur

I just picked up some Kasteel Donke Belgian Ale. This ale is made in Van Honsebrouck, Belgium at 11% alcohol. After I got home I found, in very small print, the serving temperature, 54 degrees F and the bottling date which is 2/25/2009. Oh well, so much for fresh. I really like a dark beer and hope it hasn't gotten too stale after all this time.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dramiel McHinson View Post
    I just picked up some Kasteel Donke Belgian Ale. This ale is made in Van Honsebrouck, Belgium at 11% alcohol. After I got home I found, in very small print, the serving temperature, 54 degrees F and the bottling date which is 2/25/2009. Oh well, so much for fresh. I really like a dark beer and hope it hasn't gotten too stale after all this time.
    Belgian Darks usually age well, you might be in for an unexpected treat.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkyBanjo View Post
    Belgian Darks usually age well, you might be in for an unexpected treat.
    And, with that much alcohol, it's probably not going to be worse.

The oldest beer I've had was a probably twelve year old bottle of the Sam Adams Triple Bock, and it was fine. It's not your average beer, though.

Connoisseur

Thanx Tim and Craigthom! You were absolutely correct. The beer tasted like it was made yesterday. It was velvety smooth and full like melted chocolate with buttery dark brown sugar. It was very sweet and went perfect with the Korean style meal I had with it. I don't think I could drink several in one sitting because of the level of sugar (and alcohol) but it was definitely worth bringing home.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.