Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What Beer are you Drinking Spring 2010

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    That's good news Dave that the brewery is up and running again. Is that the only active brewery in Pittsburgh? If so, that amazes me, as the area has a long history of beer production (and consumption). I'll have to check out Penn Gold the next time I pass through on my way to NYC.
    Yes Unclebunk it is as of now the only working brewery in Pittsburg just reopened from what I know in Dec once they could get enough fresh product out and it is as good as it always was! Pittsburg brewing now does Iron City Bottles at Latrobe and cans for now till they set up the new caning line at Latrobe at Lacross Wis. Labrobe is not far as you know from Pitts but I am very glad that the place has reopened and will be giving them lots of Bussiness, also the Resturant there at the brewery is reopening from what I know it may even be open now!
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Pilsner Urquel. The best lager in the world in my opinion (from the broad range tried in 30+ years). Rich and biscuity, with a full Saaz (Zatec) hop taste that blends well with the grainy malt. We get it very fresh in Ontario (usually about 8 weeks from canning). Very fine.

Gary

Disciple

Post Re: What Beer are you Drinking Spring 2010

Gary That is a great Lager have a couple of Bottles in the fridge right now. But Last Night I was drinking some of my Case of Anchor Steam 2009 Christmas/ Winter Ale good stuff! Also I had a bottle of Penn Gold Lager. I just love to listen to music and drink Beer.
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A beverage Beer Is Food

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Yes Unclebunk it is as of now the only working brewery in Pittsburg
    What happened to the East End Brewing Co.?

Guru

Had a great beer from the Two Brothers Brewery in Warrenville, Illinois last night. It's called "Cane & Ebel" and is made with rye and Thai palm sugar. The beer is quite heavily hopped (in a good way) and is akin to an IPA, and yet not quite the same. The rye gives the beer a nice spicy kick which is balanced by the sugar, but you'd be hard-pressed to find any noticeable sweetness in the glass. This is a limited-run beer that I found at Trader Joe's that is well worth trying if you can find it.

http://www.twobrosbrew.com/all%20year%20beers.htm
    Last edited by unclebunk; 04-21-2010 at 07:57.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jesskidden View Post
    Sorry Jesskidden was not aware of that one will have to look for some of their beers around here! I'm still also enjoying Penn Brewings Kaiser Pils a great tasting beer, and Anchor Steam Christmas 2009 Ale.
    Dave Z
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A beverage Beer Is Food

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jesskidden View Post
    Their selection of beers looks good. What is their distribution like though? I've never seen a single one of their beers in my travels and would like to try some.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Tonight I will drink a narragansett and toast them because I found out its in the works for their Beers to be coming To Pa in the next few months.
    I have been drinking Narragansett since it came back in 2005 but had to depend on friends going up to CT or Mass to get me some. Last spring I had their Bock it was a really full flavored Bock and I am hoping this year to get some of their Porter if I can. I personally think it is one of the best tasting regular beers around.

Has anyone else Had a gansett since it came back in 2005? I talked to someone in their office and gave them some big distributers in Pa names to help get it here!

Dave Z
    Have A Gansett

Guru

Haven't had a Narragansett in a decade or so but will look out for it on my trip East this summer. We'll be doing the usual trip to NYC and Cambridge, Mass. to see friends and relatives and I always load up the trunk with hard-to-find beers to bring back home to Chicago. I won't have to take cases of Harpoon IPA back this time around because it showed up on our shelves here last summer to my great surprise. It's still not widely available but I know where to find it when I want it. Ballantine, of course, always makes to return journey. But where's the Rheingold and Schaefer when you need it?

Disciple

Anyone wanting to check out Narragansett beer here is their web site

www.narragansettbeer.com

They are planing to build a brand new brewery back in RI like the Old days very soon!

It is my favorite sipping beer when I just want good old school regular beer--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food
    Dave Z