Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Trippah and Admin

Re: BOTM 4/10: 2009 Four Roses Mariage

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    I think it was basically marketing.
    They release a Limited Edition of the Single Barrel in the Spring and now they'll be doing an Autumn Limited Edition of the Small Batch.
    From what Jim Rutledge said the small batch LE sneak peek, they felt that Mariage limited them to just two mashbills per release and moving to the small batch name opened up more possibilities.

They were probably being mindful of the possibility of combining three or more mashbills and having to answer the "what kind of marriage is this?" questions.

In retrospect, they probably could have just called it Plural Mariage and left it at that. I'm sure it would nave been a hit in Utah.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

It should also be noted that the Small Batch LE is composed of younger whiskeys than the Mariage was, so I suspect there was a bit of a cost savings at work as well. Not that the LE isn't a very good whiskey, it is.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Last time I was there, though, their their prices seemed to be quite a bit higher than at Kahn's. Did you find that to be the case when you were there TexIn?
    Not in every case. Just have to go bottle by bottle to compare prices. Four places in Indy have a decent selection of bourbons and I've found different prices at each - V&T, Kahn's, 21st Am., and Payless (southside locations on Emerson and Meridian have pretty large selections). Ri1 (although I don't drink it) is the whiskey with the greatest parity in prices (anywhere from $29-$59).

FWIW, the couple of extra bucks at V&T is worth the experience and the knowledge of the staff. Same with Kahn's. Go to a 21st or a Payless and you're on your own.

Enthusiast

I just purchased a few bottles of the 2009 online for $64.99/bottle. I was really happy to find it at such a good price. If nothing has changed since the last time I spoke to them (last week) they should still have a minimum of 3 bottles left in stock, and they ship to most states. They also have the Parkers Heritage wheated at $74.99 along with some other premiums. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Guru

I never came across this one but if it is anything like the current small batch I certainly missed out.