Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Angel's Envy Bourbon

This is a new Bourbon apparently set to be launched this fall by Lincoln Henderson. It has a Facebook page with a bottle shot. Anyone know any details such as where it was distilled, etc.?

Connoisseur

Re: Angel's Envy Bourbon

Wes Henderson and some investors are getting ready to open a micro-distillery on Main Street. In the long run, that is where the bourbon will come from. Lincoln Henderson will be the Master Distiller.

Mike Veach

Apprentice

Bourbon Friends,

I am pleased to confirm the rumors about Angel's Envy Bourbon, and before taking any additional detailed information to the public, it is important for me to come before this group and provide some details, as we are prepared to release them...

These are exciting times as Lincoln returns to his Kentucky Bourbon roots. The first expresssion, produced on our behalf, will be available in September for national distribution, but our approach is to take it slow, and let the bourbon speak for itself. And we think it will.

We have narrowed our location to 2 potential sites, and are making final decisions on our distillation equipment. The current plan is to incorporate potstills and continuous distillation into our process, allowing us to maintain an artisanal capability (Dad wants to try a whole bunch of things) and still have the ability to maintain production demands. Production at our facility is expected to begin in September of 2010.

Details are forthcoming, and I look forward to a private advanced tasting with my friends here....

Bottle photos are available on Facebook at Angel's Envy Bourbon. Check it out and become a fan. Will try to post them here, when possible.

Cheers!

Wes Henderson
    Last edited by conecuhridge; 04-26-2010 at 08:33.
    Wes Henderson

Guru

I'm looking forward to trying it, Wes. It'll be great to have a micro-distillery run by such a whiskey legend. Thanks for the information and please continue to keep us informed!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

Me, too. East Main or Market would be a great place for this, what with the BBC brewery already there and all that arty stuff springing up.

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

The Bourbon Trail needs to exhibit its manifest destiny and head beyond the Golden Triangle, Frankfort, Louisville, Bardstown.
    Let's get this distillery over to Lexington or even better, Bourbon County!!!
    There might be space to sublet from Toyota in Georgetown.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Enthusiast

I just checked out the bottle on Facebook, looks very cool. I hope the distillery opens on Main Street like Mike said. I want 'Whiskey Row' reinstated. Also, with the new UofL arena opening up next year, anything nearby will have thousands of potential customers walking past frequently. Good luck to the Henderson's. I'll definitely pick up a bottle.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by conecuhridge View Post
    The first expresssion, produced on our behalf, will be available in September for national distribution, but our approach is to take it slow, and let the bourbon speak for itself. And we think it will.
    Wes Henderson
    Ok Wes, what is the source of this product?

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Virtuoso

I think you mean the KFC Yum! Center.

I think real state in that part of West Main is pretty expensive. There may be something further west, like out by the museums, but I think the East Main, even just a few blocks east of the KFC Yum! Center, is a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by nblair View Post
    I just checked out the bottle on Facebook, looks very cool. I hope the distillery opens on Main Street like Mike said. I want 'Whiskey Row' reinstated. Also, with the new UofL arena opening up next year, anything nearby will have thousands of potential customers walking past frequently. Good luck to the Henderson's. I'll definitely pick up a bottle.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nor02lei View Post
    Ok Wes, what is the source of this product?

Leif
    He may not be able to tell us. Sometimes these deals are bound by confidentiality agreements; however, I myself would surmise that the startup juice is probably Brown-Forman distillate from Early Times, distilled and aged before Mr. Henderson retired.

My only reason for speculating thus is because Lincoln Henderson is one of those distillers whose name is associated with a specific product's flavor and style. His name on the bottle almost silently screams the Old Forester mashbill, although the bottle design seems to suggest the lighter Woodford style flavor profile - especially at 90 proof.

Either way, this promises to be an outstanding bourbon. I get the impression that there will be some experimentation in the works, so we may see a whole range of mashbills, bottling proofs, finishes and whatnot.
    I'm looking forward to this launch with 'bated breath.