Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Wild Turkey expression?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • WT80

0 0%
  • WT101

1 2.33%
  • Russell's Reserve

12 27.91%
  • Rare Breed

7 16.28%
  • Kentucky Spirit

16 37.21%
  • Wild Turkey 12yo

7 16.28%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Your favorite Wild Turkey Bottling?

Rare Breed, without a doubt.

RR is good stuff, and in my opinion far superior to WT101, but the RB tones down the pepper enough to let the rest of the flavor shine through.

I haven't had the chance to try KS as of yet, but unless it can be as consistent as Blanton's, I'll stick with RB.

Enthusiast

I cast my vote for RB, however I am curious to what my feelings would be after a thorough tasting of the 12yo? I have just found/acquired the old gold labeled bottle. I'm anxious to find one of the current 12yo bottlings at a fair price. I've seen it once around here, and it went for $75.00. I may wait a little longer. See ya, H'wood

Connoisseur

Wild Turkey challenge

Gentlemen!

Let's settle this. We all bring a different bottle of WT to the festival, line 'em up at the tasting table and put them to the test. It'd be nice if we can find the rarest Turkeys such as Legend (Marvin?), Freedom, 1855, Stampede, and the 17 yr-old Ltd. Edition (Mark?). I got a 1970s bottle of the 8y old which may surprise many of you (much better than the 8y old available at duty free shops now).

I'm partial to the 12y, but let's not kid ourselves -- this will be The Mother of all bourbon taste challenges...may well end up in a draw. Bring many pants.

What say ye?

Omar

Administrator in exile

Re: Wild Turkey challenge

Count me in! Though I will probably only be able to bring the KS or the 12yo. You mentioned a few there that I had never heard of. Oh, the wonderful world of the Turkey is ever expanding

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Taste has got to go to Rare Breed. For overall taste and value, I am leaning towards Russell's Reserve. I'd love to participate in a Wild Turkey Flight!!!

Guru

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So, I'm afraid I'm going to cop-out and say it's a three-way tie. My favorite is which ever one of the three (RB-KS-WT12) is in my glass at the moment

[/QUOTE]

S.J.,

I would have said the same thing (with the possible omission of Rare Breed) up until this past Super Bowl Sunday, when I drank Kentucky Spirit and Wild Turkey 12 year-old side by side. (See my post in the "What Are You Drinking During the Super Bowl" thread.)

While both bottlings have their own charm, there is definitely enough difference between them to make it possible to have a favorite -- not that everyone would. Personally, I thought WT12 was just as convincingly the winner as were the Bucs.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Disciple

Ill bring the old RR cause it seems no one else around here likes it enough to buy it themselves!

LOL
    TomC

Guru

Haha, I'd love to bring a bottle of Wild Turkey 17 but I only have the one in the collection (it just came last week) and I will wait to open it sometime in the future. Not to mention it is one of the more expensive bottles... I remember a while back there was talk of everyone chipping in like $10 and purchasing a bottle of Distillers Masterpiece... I think I can still get a bottle of the 17 year but it'd take almost 20 people at $10 to be able to get one!

Administrator in exile

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think I can still get a bottle of the 17 year but it'd take almost 20 people at $10 to be able to get one

[/QUOTE]

Count me in! Hell, I'll put in $20 or $30 Have you tried this one before? If so, what are your thoughts?

Administrator in exile

Tom,
    I like it, I'm just not sure it's worth half the price of a bottle of Kentucky Spirit