Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Sazerac 18 Fall 2001 bottling

Does anybody have a copy of or a link for the BT notes about the 2001 Sazerac 18?

I've searched everything I can think of, but I can't find much by way of information, reviews, etc. for this particular item. Having recently found two bottles of it, I'm trying to find out whatever I can before I try one of them.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Re: Sazerac 18 Fall 2001 bottling

Quote Originally Posted by rocky480 View Post
    Does anybody have a copy of or a link for the BT notes about the 2001 Sazerac 18?

I've searched everything I can think of, but I can't find much by way of information, reviews, etc. for this particular item. Having recently found two bottles of it, I'm trying to find out whatever I can before I try one of them.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I have no info other than to tell you it is great whiskey like pretty much all of them are, but would speculate the early ones were better. Assuming they are still priced at the going price for 2001 ~$40, buy them now and worry about that stuff later.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Advanced Taster

I already picked them up over the weekend. I was just trying o find out a little more about what I've gotten myself into!
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

My notes - it's an 18 YO Rye whiskey; it's good stuff. What more info do you need?

Seriously, the Saz 18 changes little from year to year in my opinion. The last 3-4 years are the same Rye that was tanked. The earlier years may be a little better, but profile is the same.

Advanced Taster

I'm still new to all the variety that's out there, and this will be the first time I've tried Saz 18, so I was just trying to find out as much as possible before cracking open the bottle. I was also hoping that somebody here might have known the particulars of the info sheet that BT put out for this, if there was one in 2001.

Virtuoso

I'm still new to all the variety that's out there, and this will be the first time I've tried Saz 18, so I was just trying to find out as much as possible before cracking open the bottle. I was also hoping that somebody here might have known the particulars of the info sheet that BT put out for this, if there was one in 2001.
    Strangely enough I also found a bottle of 2001 sazerac 18 last week. I thought the 08 was better than the 09 but I have no experience with the earlier ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Guru

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike - where did you find that? I picked up two Saz 18 from 2000 in MD a couple years back.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Disciple

I've tried a 2008 and a 2004. They weren't side by side, but I think the 2004 was better.

Disciple

I searched the web, and found nothing. I say crack one open and give us a review. BTW...I'm jealous.

Email BT and ask them for the info the worst they could do is say no or ignore you. I doubt they do either.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.