Quote Originally Posted by StraightNoChaser View Post
I picked up a Fighting Cock 7/103 a few months ago while dusty hunting in Kaufman, TX.

It was a very strange store. The front door was locked with a doorbell. The bell rang across the street at a small convenience store owned by a funny Paki guy. This guy walks out, comes and asks me what I'm looking for and I give him the collector spiel. He takes me inside and the store is separated by a wall with a window and all the liquor behind it. He takes me to the back and I start digging through mountains of disgustingly dusty shelves in a 15x15 room. I see all kinds of liqueurs from 60's and 70's... even some old school Bacardi I had never heard of. Among all the trash was 3 half pints of FC 7/103 with red tax strips. No barcode or Gov't warning on the back at all.

I picked them all up and walked back across the street to the convenience store to pay. The guy starts to tell me the story of how he acquired the liquor in the first place. Apparently it was originally owned by a competitor. That competitor died and his widow wanted to get rid of the store so my Paki friend bought it for a steal. Then he says "I guess you could say I really killed my competition!"

We had a good, morbid laugh.

At any rate, the FC I have is amazing. Truly an old school flavor to it that I don't sense in any current offerings. Shame I only have 1 half pint left...
Do you mean 8 year or was there another version out there before the 8 year? If so, I have some looking to do.