Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring it Back!

Taster

Bring it Back!

What discontinued bottles would you like to see come back? Or even what export only releases would you like to see here in the states?

For me I'd love to see BT bring the Eagle Rare 101 back. I was shocked at the difference between the 101 and the current release.

Also I'd like to try the other Blanton's releases - I've never had any except the one currently available in the US and tasting the line would be fun.

Last one for now is the Maker's Select. Never had it but have heard nothing but good things about it.

Guru

Re: Bring it Back!

Quote Originally Posted by VERITAS View Post
    For me I'd love to see BT bring the Eagle Rare 101 back. I was shocked at the difference between the 101 and the current release.
    I'm with you on that one, Kevin. And I think Big FishnbowlJoe would be too. I absolutely love ER101 but have been sipping my bunker stock slowly because I just don't see them around anymore, at least not around here.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

If I could only choose one bottling it would be without a doubt Weller Centennial...it's yummy in my tummy!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Irreverent One

WT 8/101. Of course.

WT RR 10/101.

I second Weller Centennial.

And I know they still make Weller 12, but I'd like to see them bring it back to Oregon!
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

Great idea for a thread VERITAS!

I agree with all of the bottles already mentioned, but I would also add VG The Fox. Sure it's not as fabled as Centennial, but it's a light, sweet summer pour that makes damn good mint juleps and manhattans.

I would also add Old Charter 90/12 y/o. I recently purchased a bottle from an SBer and I liked it so much I traded for another at the Sampler. I think the extra couple years in the barrel and the higher proof put it light years ahead of the 10 y/o and truly earned it the title of "The Classic". A very good whiskey.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I agree with all of the bottles already mentioned, but I would also add VG The Fox. Sure it's not as fabled as Centennial, but it's a light, sweet summer pour that makes damn good mint juleps and manhattans.
    I agree. I always have a bottle on hand, and the last few are going to stay on the shelf a while. Every time I open one, I can't help but notice how much it reminds me of Irish Whiskey. Light, smooth, and what I like to describe as "copper potty".

While I haven't been around long enough to see many, or really any, of my faves go to the wayside, I can imagine the angst that must come with it.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

None of it!!! If it came back I'd have been a fool for stockpiling it and not selling it off while the prices were high!!!
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I'm with you on that one, Kevin. And I think Big FishnbowlJoe would be too. I absolutely love ER101 but have been sipping my bunker stock slowly because I just don't see them around anymore, at least not around here.
    If you'd ever consider parting with a bottle of the ER101 PM me!

Unclebunk was right. I love ER 101. I have three bourbons that I wish were still being made. ER 101, WTRR 101, and Weller Centennial. I think that if I had a couple of cases of each, I'd be set for life. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

I'm sipping some 04 WTKS Dark Wood and I wish they would bring this flavor back to the current bottling.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination