Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: World of Whiskey in Heathrow Terminal 4...any neat stuff to get?

I popped in back in early June and they had no bourbons at all, they had had some woodford reserve in but sold it all.
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I'm stretching the memory a bit (it was in 2004), but I had some good finds at Royal Mile Whiskies. We were staying on Pickadilly and it was a 10 minute stroll away. A quick check of their web site shows Blantons Gold and Evan Williams 23yo

www.royalmilewhiskies.com
    I'll be staying just a few blocks away from here on Holborn so I'll definitely check it out on the way to the British Museum. I'll check out the other one that was listed above yours as well.

Sadly, my wife called yesterday to inform our air conditioner has died so my spare whiskey money has probably been turned into a new system. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by shannichols View Post
    I'll be staying just a few blocks away from here on Holborn so I'll definitely check it out on the way to the British Museum. I'll check out the other one that was listed above yours as well.

Sadly, my wife called yesterday to inform our air conditioner has died so my spare whiskey money has probably been turned into a new system. Damn!
    I stopped by Royal Mile Whiskies and they do have a pretty decent selection. If anyone's looking for BTAC they had at least one of each up on the top shelf at around 100GBP each so around $150 after conversion and they do ship. Bourbon-wise they had the usual suspects. Scotch-wise they had a good selection as well and even have small sections for Rum, Vodka, and other offerings.

On a related note I did stop at the World of Whiskies at LHR Terminal 4 and nothing really stood out for me that I just had to have. No Bourbon here at all but lots of Scotch as expected. Prices seemed halfway decent for what you would get outside the airport.

I would have jumped at anything that was cask strength but the only one anybody seemed to have was a Bowmore and we can get that stateside.