Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Hotaling's Whiskey

I'm trying to source a bottle of Old Potrero Hotaling's Whiskey, but none of the online retailers I've found with an internet search seem to have it. Any of you out there seen any around that a retailer might be willing to ship? Binnys? I almost had a bottle sometime back from a retailer in california, until they quit returning my calls.

I can find the younger, barrel proof versions locally for approximately 70 dollars, but I'm hesitant to try them. If someone knows of a retailer that might have a bottle and would be willing to ship, that would be spectacular. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Advanced Taster

Re: Hotaling's Whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    I'm trying to source a bottle of Old Potrero Hotaling's Whiskey, but none of the online retailers I've found with an internet search seem to have it. Any of you out there seen any around that a retailer might be willing to ship? Binnys? I almost had a bottle sometime back from a retailer in california, until they quit returning my calls.

I can find the younger, barrel proof versions locally for approximately 70 dollars, but I'm hesitant to try them. If someone knows of a retailer that might have a bottle and would be willing to ship, that would be spectacular. thanks!
    Good luck! The Hotaling's was a limited edition to commemorate the 1906 SF earthquake. According to some other forum here, only 30 cases were produced.
    -Matt

Whiskey's fer drinking, stamps are fer collecting.

Virtuoso

I think that was the 30 cases was a first run at eleven years old. Since then, they have come out with successive runs. I've seen a 13 and 15 year old, though I don't know if they have done it annually. That being said, I haven't seen any version on a store shelf for ages.

Enthusiast

I'm on the look-out for this as well. I live within driving distance of Anchor and frustratingly have had an easier time finding OP either on the East coast or online (from non-California retailers). I miraculously came upon their straight rye recently, what I believe to be their latest batch, and it is excellent. We did an Old Potrero vertical over at the East Bay Study Group last month and this bottle--batch G--was a standout for me (even though I had to leave the tasting early ).

As for when the Hotalings? I suggest emailing them from their website. I did get a response from them when I posed a question.

Let us know if you find anything!
    "It hasn't cured my broken heart, but it sure helps a lot."
    -Ernest Tubb

Novice

Not sure if you all are still looking for this, but the distiller (Anchor Brewing) is out of stock at the moment, but will be producing more sometime in the spring. In the meantime they suggested trying the Johnny Walker liquor store on Sutter or Andronico's.

'If, as they say, God spanked the town
    For being over frisky,
    Why did He burn the churches down
    And save Hotaling’s whiskey

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
    I think that was the 30 cases was a first run at eleven years old. Since then, they have come out with successive runs. I've seen a 13 and 15 year old, though I don't know if they have done it annually. That being said, I haven't seen any version on a store shelf for ages.

According to this post, there was a 10 yr old product.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...39&postcount=1

And the one I have in my bunker is a 12 yr...

Are you still looking for one Erik?
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by birdman1099 View Post
    According to this post, there was a 10 yr old product.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...39&postcount=1

And the one I have in my bunker is a 12 yr...

Are you still looking for one Erik?

Yes... but since some nice man let me try it, I'm not looking for it with nearly as much energy. I've switched over to hunting down a bottle of whistlepig (which online retailers DO have but may not be willing to ship to this particular state!)

Do you know where a bottle is for a decent price?
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    I've switched over to hunting down a bottle of whistlepig (which online retailers DO have but may not be willing to ship to this particular state!)

Do you know where a bottle is for a decent price?
    If ordering on-line is an option, I checked at wine-searcher.com
    (limit search to AZ but include merchants who ship to) and got
    seven results (3 in NY, 2 in CA and 2 in NJ) with prices ranging
    for $65. to $70. (not including shipping).

PM me if you'd like more info.
    John Q.
    Tennessee Squire
    Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva
    It won't be any cheaper than it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Someone will pay it. Someone always pays it.

Enthusiast

I'm still trying (most likely in vain) to find a bottle of their latest release, the 15 y.o. Anybody have or know of one? I have some good things to offer for it...
    "It hasn't cured my broken heart, but it sure helps a lot."
    -Ernest Tubb

Taster

The Old Potrero products are an extremely tough find, but once you have it, you'll appreciate the effort!

This American rye whiskey is as good as it gets, I cannot begin to compare this rye whiskey with anything I've ever tried. Even trying to do so, would do this product an enormous disservice!

Last edited by Master_Photog; 04-11-2011 at 17:55.