Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie from GB

Disciple

Re: Newbie from GB

I think you should lock at the German online store market Mark. The prices are general lower than in GB and the shipping fee inside EU is very reasonable. Most/many of them wonít ship to Sweden, but I donít think you will have that problem in GB.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by nor02lei View Post
    I think you should lock at the German online store market Mark. The prices are general lower than in GB and the shipping fee inside EU is very reasonable. Most/many of them won’t ship to Sweden, but I don’t think you will have that problem in GB.

Leif
    Sounds great I'll have a look and see what i can find, my german is a little rusty though! Have you got any links or suggestions to good sites?

Edit to say that i've had a look and some prices do seem cheaper, but I will have to pay 19% VAT in germany and then likely have to pay 17.5% VAT if customs here decide I should which is almost a dead cert!
    Last edited by Rutter; 06-16-2010 at 03:25.
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rutter View Post
    Sounds great I'll have a look and see what i can find, my german is a little rusty though! Have you got any links or suggestions to good sites?

Edit to say that i've had a look and some prices do seem cheaper, but I will have to pay 19% VAT in germany and then likely have to pay 17.5% VAT if customs here decide I should which is almost a dead cert!
    19 % vat are included in the prices and why in heavens name should you pay GB vat? I never pay Swedish vat when ordering from Germany. Here are a few links.

https://www.weinquelle.com/index_e.html
    http://www.whiskydepot.com/
    http://www.maltharry.de/shop/
    http://www.big-market.de/
    Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out, I have in the past had to pay customs charges on purchases from over seas so I would be suprosed if I didn't again, I love our Country, tax the workers then give it all out to the workshy layabouts to spend on luxuries I can't afford due to the taxes!

Marco246
    I had a few glasses of BT last night, its not a bad drop at all, seemed to improve when i dropped in a cube of ice though, helped bring out a bit more flavour, can't say I was overwhelmed by it though.
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill