Guys, I thought I would let you know that our company, Malt Advocate, Inc. (Malt Advocate magazine, and our three WhiskyFests), has joined the M. Shanken Communications group (Wine Spectator, Cigar Aficionado, Market Watch, etc.) More details here. I know that many of you are subscribers (or attend one of our WhiskyFests), so I thought I would tell you.

Why did we do it? We weren't looking to sell. Our company is strong, and we enjoy our independence. But, we were approached by the Marvin Shanken and his group. We realized that our business dovetails perfectly with theirs. The synergies between our two companies were too good to not do it. Plus, I have great respect for M. Shanken's publications and events.

For those of you concerned, there will be very few changes. I will still be Publisher & Editor, and we will be largely independent of the rest of the company in our activities.

What WILL change is that our circulation will go up. More people will get to read Malt Advocate. We are very proud of the magazine, so this makes us very happy.

I'm posting here just to field any questions you might have. Cheers!