Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    580

    A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    Maker's Mark Distillery is pleased to announce the hiring of Greg Davis as our Director of Distillery Operations! Greg is replacing the vacancy left by our friend Denny Potter who left our little distillery in Loretto back in March, for an opportunity to work at Cruzan Rum in St. Croix, USVI.
    Greg has extensive experience in the bourbon industry and is coming to us from the Tom Moore Distillery (formerly known as Barton's), where he has been the Master Distiller for the last 10 years. While at Tom Moore, Greg Davis was instrumental in creating the company's first premium bourbon, 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, and also making improvements to the operation that resulted in significant effeciencies and cost savings.
    Dale

    "All I want to know is who's the player on second base?"

  2. #2
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    5,231

    Re: A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTexan View Post
    Maker's Mark Distillery is pleased to announce the hiring of Greg Davis as our Director of Distillery Operations! Greg is replacing the vacancy left by our friend Denny Potter who left our little distillery in Loretto back in March, for an opportunity to work at Cruzan Rum in St. Croix, USVI.
    Greg has extensive experience in the bourbon industry and is coming to us from the Tom Moore Distillery (formerly known as Barton's), where he has been the Master Distiller for the last 10 years. While at Tom Moore, Greg Davis was instrumental in creating the company's first premium bourbon, 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, and also making improvements to the operation that resulted in significant effeciencies and cost savings.
    I guess that makes my signed bottle of 1792 a collector's item now, eh? Ebay here I come...

    Anyword on who is replacing Greg at TM?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

  3. #3
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    123

    Re: A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    So has he got big plans for more new expressions then?
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    580

    Re: A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutter View Post
    So has he got big plans for more new expressions then?
    He went from Master Distiller to Dir. of Operations ... I would think he has less power over those decisions.
    Dale

    "All I want to know is who's the player on second base?"

  5. #5
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,656

    Re: A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    Maker's already has an expansion plan in place, which they are executing in the fullness of time.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,052

    Re: A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    I think this has more to say about what going to be happening at Tom Moore than Markers Mark. You just don't get up and walk away from a master distillers job.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  7. #7
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,656

    Re: A New Face at Maker's Mark Distillery

    Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    I think this has more to say about what going to be happening at Tom Moore than Markers Mark. You just don't get up and walk away from a master distillers job.
    My thought exactly.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Maker's Mark/Laphoaig Distillery Live
    By Josh in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 17:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top