Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

What beer are you drinking Summer 2010

There is lots going on now that we have summer here in Wisconsin. Right now Summerfest is going on. The largest Music Festival in the world. Today at Summerfest my beer choices will be Miller products and a local brew pub Water Street Brewery. Over priced and in a plastic cup but it sure goes well with the music and Summertime! Cheers.

So what are you drinking to make summer fun?
    Last edited by HipFlask; 07-02-2010 at 06:22.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking Summer 2010

Quote Originally Posted by HipFlask View Post
    There is lots going on now that we have summer here in Wisconsin. Right now Summerfest is going on. The largest Music Festival in the world. Today at Summerfest my beer choices will be Miller products and a local brew pub Water Street Brewery. Over priced and in a plastic cup but it sure goes well with the music and Summertime! Cheers.

So what are you drinking to make summer fun?
    Always a good time at Summerfest. This holiday weekend is supposed to really heat up around here by Sunday, so I'm looking at beers that quench your thirst. I'll be drinking Newcastle Summer Ale and Victoria (lager), Mexico's oldest beer that is new to the American market as of two weeks ago. The latter is comparable to Negra Modelo, amber in color but not heavy in any way. Have fun!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

4th Of July weekend on the horizon and Canada Day yesterday and I'm thirsty so ice cold Molson Golden.
    ovh

Guru

Sam Adams Summer, and I see some Negro Modello in my future.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Enthusiast

I found some pretty good beers at the Summerfest. Lakefront brewery had their IPA and Riverwest Stein. Water Street Brewery had an October fest and a Red Ale. This all went down with a Turkey Leg and an ear of corn and some good live music. Yes and O.A.R. and the Scorpions
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Virtuoso

Storm King Stout. 9% ABV. Tasty stuff!

Virtuoso

I haven't been to Water Street in a long time, and I appreciate that they were a brewpub pioneer, but I've never been impressed with their beers.

The Ale House, Sprecher, and especially Lakefront, though, make great stuff.

Guru

For our "July 3rd" party for the 4th I selected various beers and the one that stood out as quite exceptional and surprising was Michelob Dunkelweisse. The yeast it uses produces quite a unique taste...though the label says "clover and banana" it tastes like cherry to me. My neighbor agreed. We enjoyed it quite a bit..."a dark wheat ale"....unusual and very tasty. Despite being dark it is not "heavy", instead it is very refreshing.

http://www.michelob.com/ExploreDunkelWeisse.aspx

I have always enjoyed the Michelob brand and it various products.
    Last edited by Jono; 07-04-2010 at 10:20.

Disciple

Successfully finished a Chimay Grande Reserve Magum 51oz last night all by myself. Everyone else had their local brews from the Weeping Radish Brewery.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HipFlask View Post
    I found some pretty good beers at the Summerfest. Lakefront brewery had their IPA and Riverwest Stein. Water Street Brewery had an October fest and a Red Ale. This all went down with a Turkey Leg and an ear of corn and some good live music. Yes and O.A.R. and the Scorpions
    I'm not generally an IPA fan, but Lakefront's is fantastic. They also offer the best brewery tour in Milwaukee.