Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking Summer 2010

A frosty glass of Delirium Tremens Belgian Ale after a medium length run on a mid 90's afternoon. I've not had a lot of experience with Belgian beers, but that may change after this beauty.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Enjoying some Yeungling Lager that a friend of mine was nice enough to deliver from Philadelphia. It is not to be found outside the immediate area and I am savoring what is left of the 6 pack...I could not help myself.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc View Post
    Enjoying some Yeungling Lager that a friend of mine was nice enough to deliver from Philadelphia. It is not to be found outside the immediate area and I am savoring what is left of the 6 pack...I could not help myself.
    I killed a case of the Yinger a few weeks ago. My brother came up, and he had never tried it before. Good stuff, although people I know in Pennsylvania don't seem to think as much of it as I do.

Novice

I am taking a temporary hiatus from beer in preparation for the Music City Brewer's Fest this weekend. Taking my microbrewing father with me to sample a bunch of different types of beers.

Disciple

I've been drinking Left Hand Milk Stout (closest thing to no-longer-imported Mackeson's) on cooler nights and Harpoon Raspberry UFO on the hot days (reminds me of Thomas Kemper from the early-90's!)

Restocked on Sierra Nevada Kellerweis but haven't cracked one open yet. Wasn't that supposed to be a year-round offering? Very refreshing on a hot summer's day.
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

I've been drinking a variety of beers from Deschutes Brewery. Mostly Inversion IPA and Green Lakes Ale. Spec's has all varieties on sale for $6.30 a sixer and Green Lakes for $3.99. Cheaper than the mass market beers!

Randy

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

In reference to the Yuengling post.

I passed a bar the other day in NJ that has a Monday Night Special

Yuengs and Wings!!!

Yes, it rhymes.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc View Post
    Enjoying some Yeungling Lager that a friend of mine was nice enough to deliver from Philadelphia. It is not to be found outside the immediate area
    That hasn't been the case for probably over 30 years now. Yuengling is, by some sources' figures, the third largest brewery in the country (after A-B and M-C, and not counting the non-brewery owning "Pabst")- running neck and neck with the nationally distributed Boston (Samuel Adams) Beer Co. They own 3 breweries (their original in town, a new one outside of Pottsville and a former Schlitz/Stroh brewery in Tampa, FL) and their beers are distributed all along the East Coast (sans New England), from New York to Florida, and they've moved "inland" to AL, TN and WV in recent years.

Granted, they're hardly "national", have less than 1% of the market, and probably may never reach the Mid-West much less the Pacific Coast (by design, according to interviews with Dick Yuengling himself who wants to slow down expansion) but they're no longer just an Eastern PA local brewery.

Yuengling's Distribution Area
    Last edited by jesskidden; 07-28-2010 at 13:01.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by jesskidden View Post
    ...their beers are distributed all along the East Coast (sans New England), from New York to Florida...
    It showed up in Tallahassee early in the decade. It was on tap at the local Hooters (which was the only reason I went there)(at least, that's what I told my wife).

Quote Originally Posted by jesskidden View Post
    ...probably may never reach the Mid-West much less the Pacific Coast...
    Which is a real shame, because they are (or were, in 2006) priced in the Budweiser range. We have a lot of good brews here in OR, but nothing in that price range that's as good as Yuengling.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

I can't get it here. Come to think of it I have been out here for close to 30 years...no wonder I don't know what Yeungling is doing.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.