Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Charter Private Reserve

I was in Memphis the other day and saw "Charter Private Reserve". It is not Proprietor's Reserve. It is 80-proof blended whiskey. I haven't seen it anywhere before and can't find it on the internet. Has anyone else seen this? It was on sale, so I bought it. I haven't tried it yet (it wasn't the only thing I bought ).

Thanks -
    jsbac

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Charter Private Reserve

BT has talked about releasing some "better blends," so maybe this is an example. You're in the heart of Old Charter country down there (biggest market for Charter is Little Rock).

Guru

Mr. Blank mentions this stuff in the better blends thred. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...0&postcount=13
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Apprentice

Thanks for the replies. I really did look last night and couldn't find it...of course I had a couple of drinks before searching. I don't usually buy blends, but I do love my Old Charter. My Dad and myself probably account for the good Arkansas sales. I figured for $15 I'd see what it is about. For the moment though, I'm drinking my VOB BiB (which also came from Memphis).

Thanks again -
    jsbac

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by jsbac View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I really did look last night and couldn't find it...of course I had a couple of drinks before searching. I don't usually buy blends, but I do love my Old Charter. My Dad and myself probably account for the good Arkansas sales. I figured for $15 I'd see what it is about. For the moment though, I'm drinking my VOB BiB (which also came from Memphis).

Thanks again -
    jsbac
    No surprise you couldn't find it. your search would have been something like "Charter Private reserve," which is totally useless because SB would have found you all the results for the words separately. think charter and reserve would come up a LOT as a result of search functions.

Private probably nets you fewer search results... Looks like "better american blends?" and this thread make the top of the list, but there are still a bunch in there. Then, you'd have to dig through each thread at length (unless you short cut it with the ctrl + F find feature and you know how to use that well) to find the exact mention of the word... and it still wouldn't be a thread about the whiskey you found anyway.

So... do you have any pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Apprentice

I didn't have pictures, but I do now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Virtuoso

That is really, really fancy packaging for a blend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

My cousin told me about a blend she was told about while taking their tour of BT a few years ago, it was meant to take on Crown Royal. I'd say this is it.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    That is really, really fancy packaging for a blend.
    I may go back and get a couple more. I'll give them away. Maybe to my Dad.....one for Christmas, one for his birthday, and then when he retires in February I'll give him the handle of OC12. At that point I should be his favorite son.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    My cousin told me about a blend she was told about while taking their tour of BT a few years ago, it was meant to take on Crown Royal. I'd say this is it.
    This is the first time I saw it. I'd never even heard of it. Makes me wander about what goes on behind closed doors at Marketing time. In that other link, he talked like this is a product that had been put out there, and then it was gone. So I guess the 4 other bottles will be the last I ever see it.

I say if Old Charter REALLY loved me they'd bring back OC12.

jsbac