Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Guru

Re: Black Maple Hill 16 yr

Its drunk for "No Time On"

don't you beleive it.....

Disciple

I chalked it up to another Emerald-ism. Sorry couldn't resist. Or should I sya rseits?

Enthusiast

The new BMH 16 has finally made it to CO. This release is different from the previous ones. This current bottle is a 16 year Small Batch, while the previous 2 were single barrel.

We usually get generous allocations for the state. My contact at the liquor store told me only 1 case came in for the whole state, and they were limited to 3 bottles. He also has heard rumors that CVI released a very limited amt. of the 16 year and is further aging whatever else they have for future relases. The price point is high, but there is not very much of it.

I picked up one to add to my BMH collection. It hasn't been opened yet, but I will report back whenever it does.

Enthusiast

Was down in Savannah over the weekend and the liquor store I visited has all 3 versions of Black Maple Hill on the shelf (Regular, 16 and 23). Unfortunately they were on the top shelf, where I would have had someone get them down and they weren't priced. It was kind of cool to see the coloring differences between the 3 though. The 23 year was some real dark juice and if I would have been in the mood to spend over $150 on a bottle I would have jumped at it. Unfortunately the hotel cost and bar hopping killed my budget and I just couldn't justify it.

Enthusiast

Would anyone be able to help me find a few of the early BMH bottlings? I am looking for the 15 yr rye, and the 18 & 20 year bourbons. I know where a 20 year is, but the guy won't sell it to me.....yet. I'll keep asking in the meantime. Also, does anyone remember which years these bottles were released (or any of the other bmh releases for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Would anyone be able to help me find a few of the early BMH bottlings? I am looking for the 15 yr rye, and the 18 & 20 year bourbons. I know where a 20 year is, but the guy won't sell it to me.....yet. I'll keep asking in the meantime. Also, does anyone remember which years these bottles were released (or any of the other bmh releases for that matter).
    Brad

I know where a 16 yr old bourbon is but I think it's a more recent bottling.

Paul
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Also, does anyone remember which years these bottles were released (or any of the other bmh releases for that matter).
    Bradley, I copied some old posts that give some idea of when the early BMH was done and where it came from. Since they are older posts they went to the top of this thread, see what is now posts 1-5, but it is good info and let's you know what you're looking for.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Enthusiast

Thanks Christian. Thank you also Paul. I guess I am looking for the first Lawrenceburg releases. I knew there was a relationship between SW and BMH in the beginning, but I guess I didn't realize they all seem to be SW. That being said, I assume locating them will be tough. The search will continue and thanks again for the info.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I know where one of the Lburg 15yo rye is. It'd probably take barrels of cash to get it though.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Enthusiast

A local store has the 16 yr, earlier release (single barrel) Bardstown. Priced at $159, never had BMH and would love to get this, but at that price I think I would rather get the PVW 23 @ $199.
    -Kevin

"Why? Because it's delicious!"

Bourbon always did make me feel like a Giant.