Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BOTM 9/10: Booker's

I had another bourbon in mind for this month's BOTM, but I received a suggestion from p_elloitt recommending Booker's. He noticed that it hasn't been BOTM before, and that there has been some discussion on the boards about it lately, so....... Booker's it is. Thanks Paul.

I can't add much as far as my own tasting notes go. I have only tasted this bourbon a few times, and the one bottle I own hasn't been opened yet. I did like it okay and was a bit surprised that the higher proof didn't overpower the flavor too much. From what I can remember, there was smoke, wood, tobacco, leather, and maybe a hint of nuttiness. Walnut?

Anyway, let's here what you all have to say. And remember, let's be kind to Beam this month. Thanks again Paul. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Re: BOTM 9/10: Booker's

My last pours of this juice were top notch. It was nothing like the last bottles of Bookers I had had (not hot like fire, bland, and undrinkable).

I plan to pick up this juice again when I am low a bottle.

Virtuoso

Still drinking through some 2002 bottles that are very good... will probably grab a few newer ones given the positive comments...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

I have notice that Booker's is enjoying quite the good press as of late. That, and the BOTM mention will get me to buy a bottle among my next purchases.

My thoughts on it in the past had it overpriced and very hot. I was under the impression that Beam dumped this as a 6 year old Barrel Proof?
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

I'm very fond of Booker's it carries it's high proof very well and doesn't kill the flavor of the bourbon. One thing I do see coming is when the KCR single barrel comes out at 120 proof and 9 years old I predict it cuts into the Booker's sales.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

I have an unopened bottle of the 10th Anniversary.
    Batch No. C90-B-8 126.3 proof.
    Anyone have this and could say it's any different than the others?
    ovh

Apprentice

This is my favorite bourbon in it's price range, intense and complex. Bites back a little bit but wow after every sip. Neat with just a few drops of H2O and I am in heaven.

Advanced Taster

To me this is one Bourbon that I've loved immensely and had issues with from bottle to bottle. Perhaps as much inconsistency bottle to bottle as any I've had experience with. When it's great, it's great, a fantastic expression of uncut unfiltered bourbon whiskey. When it's off it tends to be little more than a proof monster only lacking an semblance of depth and complexity. It's been a good 8 months since I've last had it so it may be time to give it a whirl.

Disciple

This is about the only Beam bourbon I like, and when at its best seems miles ahead of most of their widely available offerings as far as complexity goes. Nice to see it get the attention it deserves this month .

Advanced Taster

I've yet to see this reach our shores, will keep an eye out for it or add it the list for swaps for stinkin scotch!

Edit to say I have just found it for 62
    Last edited by Rutter; 09-10-2010 at 04:48.
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill