Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: BOTM 9/10: Booker's

Though I haven't had a bottle in several years, I have always enjoyed Bookers. Many restaurants will have it, though the bourbon selection may be limited, so it can be a good choice when I'm out. It is hot however; it's one of the few bourbons I prefer on the rocks to neat.
    Craig

Virtuoso

Booker's retains its classiness while presenting a sometimes dauntingly high proof.

I like Booker's a lot.

Cheers!

Taster

I'm also a fan, but perhaps because I'm no expert and haven't branched out enough yet! I like to drink it straight, because I love that burn in my throat. I'm on my 3rd bottle now and have gifted two (and had a taste) -- over those only ~5 years since my first taste, I've definitely noticed the differences bottle-to-bottle as well. But I usually like it. I will have to start trying more cask-strength bourbons, though, to see!

Apprentice

Just added a bottle of this nectar to my collect. It sings to me.

Advanced Taster

Bookers is the one bourbon that I really like that I can usually find in better establishment

Enthusiast

Good stuff but like most Beam products over-priced with alot of other bourbons available at similar or lower prices.

Guru

I used to keep this on hand for a friend who was a regular visitor so I got to sample it often. I never became a fan though, it is too hot straight and gets thin when cut with water. Something everyone should try once but it's a personal call as to whether buy again.

Taster

Ugh...very high proof.......
    prefer Blanton's...but enjoy!
    To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.
    Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Novice

This thread is getting old, but...

Just had my first taste of Booker's tonight and it blew me away. I had some makers mark earlier in the day and the Booker's to me seemed much more smooth, even with the high proof (IMO). It also appealed to my palate much more. If I see this on sale I will be sure to pick some up.
    Nick

Taster

My first exposure to Booker's was at a bar in downtown Atlanta that I sometimes go to. All their Bourbons are the same price and Booker's was the highest proof so I figured it was a good bargain. I enjoyed it on the rocks.
    Later my step-son came to town and had been looking for Booker's so for fun we did a vertical Jim Beam Small batch tasting (Basil, KC, Baker's and Booker's). I have always liked the Knob Creek (this was before the Single Barrel) but I was suprised how much we liked the Booker's! Unfortunately, as some have mentioned here, my next bottle was not even close to being as good.
    I have since had the Single Barrel KC and although I expected it to be very similar to the Booker's, I found the KC SB to be a little harsh even though it is 9yo vs the Booker's 8yo. Here in Atlanta, they are almost the same price so I would go with the Booker's.