Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Johnnie Walker's Green Label

Hi all, it seems that Johnnie Walker dropped their Green Label bottle. anyone know why?

Connoisseur

Re: Johnnie Walker's Green Label

What makes you think they have dropped it. I have seen several on the shelves and it's still being shown on their web site (in fact, the label has been modified to comply with the new SWA labeling guidelines where it is now being called a "blended malt scotch- they may have done this some time ago, but it is the first time I've read the label recently"

Tom

I live in Ontario and the LCBO does not carry it anymore. I recently saw a commercial for JW and they showed a shot of all their labels and the green was not there. But I did visit their site yesterday and saw it on their site. so i'm not sure why the LCBO stopped carrying it and why it wasn't on that commercial. but i thought they stopped making it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    What makes you think they have dropped it. I have seen several on the shelves and it's still being shown on their web site (in fact, the label has been modified to comply with the new SWA labeling guidelines where it is now being called a "blended malt scotch- they may have done this some time ago, but it is the first time I've read the label recently"

Tom

ok i did a little digging and found this article. basically, they are shipping JW Green Label and two other brands to other countries like china and India.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...c-d4abded08b78

Connoisseur

Yeah, it sucks because I never got around to trying Green Label and I've only heard good things about it.

Enthusiast

I was at a JW tasting and we had the green offered as part of the tasting. I actually didn't mind it although I am not a Scotch drinker/fan.

That said they were promoting it down here and didn't say anything about getting rid of it, I see it down here all the time.

Sorry about your LCBO mate.. all too common a problem sometimes.
    Visit the search for glory in the bottle: http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/
    My video reviews http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...16DDF465CBC112

Connoisseur

Green is certainly the best of the Red, Black, Gold, Swing group IMO. I will have to give the nod to Blue as being better.
    Illuminati in training