Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Taster

Jim Beam Distillers Series at Sams Club

Your milage may vary on this one, but I found the JB Distillers Series limited edition at my local Sam's Cub this morning for $9.98/bottle. (Manchester Rd, Des Peres, Missouri.) Hell of a bargain for a 7-year old, 90 proof bourbon. The price sign clearly indicated this is a one-time special buy, and this store still had 40-50 cases on the floor. I'll be curious to see if anyone else is seeing this in their store and how broad of a distribution this has. I bet it has some sort of focused allocation, like they do with the Cameron Hughes wines that they stock. Anyway, I bought a case for my dad, who's a loyal JB black drinker.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Thumbs up Re: Jim Beam Distillers Series at Sams Club

Thanks for the tip j. I quite like that bottle. And, for under $10, it's a steal. I'll be making my way over to Sam's Club to check and see if the same deal is offered here in Georgia.

Just curious, but is that Des Peres, as in Des Moines or Des Plaines? And, now that I look at it...Peers, Perez, Peresss?

JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Taster

Re: Jim Beam Distillers Series at Sams Club

No problem. It's pronounced DAY PAIR, with emphasis on the DAY. Not that I speak French, but I presume that is authentic French pronunciation. Not like the first time you hear someone say "Versailles" while bourbon-touring in Kentucky.

-Jim

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jpact View Post
    No problem. It's pronounced DAY PAIR, with emphasis on the DAY. Not that I speak French, but I presume that is authentic French pronunciation. Not like the first time you hear someone say "Versailles" while bourbon-touring in Kentucky.

-Jim
    Thanks. How much of a Dufuss can I be. 5 guesses....and NONE of them right!!!!

In the spirit of Versales...If you're in Atlanta, and need to get to City Hall East...Technically, it's on Ponce de Leon Ave. But, don't ask directions to that....Ask for directions to Pahnce da LEEOn. That'll get you there!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

I bought a bottle at my local Sam's Club for $9.98 too and felt it was an outstanding deal, as the Binny's price is $26. It's an easy sipper, sweet and satisfying, and better than the standard JBW at an even better price! I really should stock up on it, but most of my bourbon-drinking friends turn their noses up to Beam products and my bunker is already straining at the seams.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Jim Beam Distiler's Edition is on closeout at the distributor. I has a wholesale price of $8.06 per bottle. The stores selling it at the higher cost is that they bought at the before closeout price.

PM for details if interested.
    Dave

The Best Whisk(e)y in the World is called

Kentucky Bourbon!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whskylvr View Post
    Jim Beam Distiler's Edition is on closeout at the distributor. I has a wholesale price of $8.06 per bottle. The stores selling it at the higher cost is that they bought at the before closeout price.
    That's good to know. Thanks for the info. I just picked up a few bottles at Sam's Club and will keep one for myself and hand the others out as Christmas gifts. Good bourbon, great value!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

That's one of my favorites-- I'll have to look for it when I'm out of state. Or will it be reduced in price in a control state too? Guess I should check the state listing.
    Amy

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

And remember, you don't have to be a member in many states to buy liquor at Sam's.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Enthusiast

Found it at the Sam's club in Kansas City (up north on Vivion Road) and made a few phone calls, bought a couple bottles for a few friends and bingo - out the door w/a case. It's danged fine whiskey for $9.99.
    Here's to us, who's like us?
    Damned few and they're all dead