Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Re: Heavyweights of the Bourbon Industry

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    A savvy marketing department could certainly take a shot at creating a similar association between their top-of-the-line bourbons and their everyday pours.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you got deludged with a marketing compaign on the west coast for GTS . The way I saw it was a 200 ml sample was provided for the Whiskey of the year award. Those of us who went to BT in September( Thanks Omar) sucked down a 350ml bottle and a little bit more from another. I can't sit here and say the advertizing budget was nil, because beyond a certain point I don't see all that's out there. Were there full page ads in Playboy? The Wall Street Journal? Is there a George T Stagg car in Nascar? Who drives it? Do they have a hot air balloon? I will see that a little closer to derby time if it does exist. I haven't seen any GTS billboards in Louisville , of course that doesn't mean they aren't somewhere. I don't nessessarily think we have a lot of influence here at SB.com, but I think what influence we have is of a high quality. At the very least BF and BT knows us. No one is asking them to do anything very unusual , just pick a few good barrels of whiskey. If I have a bottle of GTS in my hands I can turn my back and walk away from nearly any other whiskey that's out there, Would I ? No, there's no use in painting myself in a corner when there is so much to enjoy.

Guru

I read the WSJ almost daily. The only bourbon ads I recall seeing in the past year or so have been for EWSB Vintage. I only recall seeing that maybe 4 times.

Tim

Guru

Maybe you got deludged with a marketing compaign on the west coast for GTS .

[/QUOTE]Nope. If it weren't for StraightBourbon.com, I never would have heard of it; nor would I have known that it is a product of Buffalo Trace.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

There are quite a few (national) ads for EWSB and Evan Willimas 7 year...The Wall Street Journal being one of them...

I am very shocked, that not one of ya, commented about the ad (Evan Willims 7 year) that was in Playboy? ...Hmmmmmm must not be a soul here that has that magazine ?

There is a black in white picture of a "homley" girl...Then right beside it is a picture of her----after time---in color---scantly dressed---and drop dead pretty ....Ya see fellas...ya get ya little lady to drink Evan Williams and she will look just like that lady in the picture...and iffin she's a pretty girl ta start with...just imagine what's she's gonna turn into? Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhh!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder if it works for DUDES

Actually, the ad is referring what happens over time...There is another one (ad) with a picture of a mound of coal then ya see a big dimond too...One of their jingles used to be Get Older, Get Better....

Bettye Jo

Virtuoso

That I did not know. I hadn't heard that story mentioned here before. Praytell, who can we thank?

Virtuoso

No, there's no use in painting myself in a corner when there is so much to enjoy.

[/QUOTE]

Given what we know about GTS and your bunker, you won't be picking up that paint brush for a long time. ;-)

Virtuoso

Well, get that scanner of yours working! We know you know how to use it. Post a scan of that ad!

We are too cheap to buy a magazine. We'd rather spend it on bourbon.

Disciple

Not to be too crude, but it seems the add suggests the more EW7 I drink ( ), the prettier the girl gets.

Hmmmmm. . . .

TomC

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

LMAO

Ohhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Bettye Jo

Enthusiast

Bettye Jo,

Saw the ad and now I know why Evelyn &amp; I have been married for 39 years. Oh!!!!! I do love that Heaven Hill!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Marvin