Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    **DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bourbon received as gifts?

Of course I bought the new Pappy 20 year old for John (Like I won't enjoy it also!) and a copy of Carsons book. He read the book before from the library but never owned a copy. Thanks JoeB for the info on Alibris.com. Its a great place to look for old out of date books on Bourbon.

~Linda~
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Enthusiast

Andy,
    If I might make a blatant attempt at selling some of my brands, we are offering 17 year old Eagle Rare Bourbon, 18 year old Sazerac Rye Whiskey, and a 19 year old Weller Bourbon. Our target shelf price is $34.99 to $39.99. Don't let the price mislead you. We discussed pricing these brands in excess of $100. We finally decided that we could grow these new labels faster at this price than at the century mark.
    Before buying any of these labels, I would suggest reading what fellow bourbonians think of the products. After all, I am in marketing, and you can only trust me as far as you can throw me!

Ken

Enthusiast

I went and hit continue too quickly! I should add that Julian's offerings should also be considered.

Ken

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

For anyone who might be interested, the most useful "old out of date book on Bourbon" is William Downard's Dictionary of the History of the American Brewing and Distilling Industries (Greenwood Press). Unfortunately, Downard died unexpectedly at a young age and the 1980 original has never been updated, but it is still a great reference work.

--Chuck Cowdery

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Ken what actions are you taking, if any, to get these on the Virginia ABC shelves? I can't get any of this stuff. I know that Buffalo Trace is in short supply, but I would like to see that on my store shelves also.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

**DONOTDELETE**

Chuck is right. Every bourbon library should have Downard and Crowgey's "Kentucky Bourbon".
    Mike Veach

Novice

Ken,

I wish I could buy some Sazerac Rye around here. According to Dan Craig, no retail outlet in Wisconsin is handling any of your latest offerings. I've been meaning to see if I could find some on the 'net. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Andy

**DONOTDELETE**

Andy,

You can order Sazerac rye from Hi-Time Liquor for $39.99
    In fact, they have the best selection of bourbons I've seen of any online liquor store. You can't order online, yet; you can email or call their 800 number. I just did and ordered five bourbons I've never heard of...

B.J. Holladay
    Joshua Brooks 8 yr old
    G & U 10 yr old
    Peter Jakes 10 yr old
    Black Maple Hill 14 yr old (yes, fourteen; they also have 16 and 18, but no eleven year old)

I asked Shawn, and he assured me they ship to Wisconsin (and nearly everywhere else except a couple of states). Their prices (especially if you include shipping) are higher than the discount store I usually go to but not really more than most stores. And their selection is phenominal, including such prizes as Old Potrero Rye (both kinds), the good 6 yr old Virginia Gentleman, and even some Old Overholt D-1935 (for $100).

=John=
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

**DONOTDELETE**

I received a bottle (quart) of 1492. The label states is is BIB, 100 proof, 4 year old bourbon distilled by Dripping Springs and bottled by Nelson Distillery, both of Bardstown. It was distilled in 1975 and bottled in 1979. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? If so, I would like some information.
    larryr@penn.com

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

1492 straight bourbon is by distilled and bottled by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. in Bardstown Ky. They no longer produce that label at 100 proof. It's only available in 4yr 80 proof.

boone