Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Advanced Taster

Re: BOTM 11/10: Eagle Rare Single Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    If you're concerned about a $5 price difference then I suggest leaving this board immediately. It will be highly detrimental to your wallet to read any further.
    Trust me, I've been doing plenty of reading around the board already, I've already been ruined (plus I have plenty of rum hidden in closets already).

I'm not concerned about the extra cost, just curious if ERSB is a step-up from BT and warrants the extra $5.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jwilly019 View Post
    I'm not concerned about the extra cost, just curious if ERSB is a step-up from BT and warrants the extra $5.
    IMO, just being a different whiskey warrants the extra $5. So, absolutely.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    IMO, just being a different whiskey warrants the extra $5. So, absolutely.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Disciple

Some folks say that they've had good and bad barrels. I've had nothing but good barrels. I've always bought the 1.75L bottles, so I'm going to continue doing so in hopes that I keep up the lucky streak.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jwilly019 View Post
    I just had my first taste of Buffalo Trace and have to say that it's absolutely delicious. So my newbie question to all of you is: since ERSB uses the same mashbill as BT, how does the taste of the two compare?

I'm in Ohio and the price difference between the two is about $5, is it worth the extra cost?
    I like ER1B much better than the BT. I have bought several bottles of ER and only one bottle of BT and I only spend more than $30 on bourbon a couple times a year.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by kickert View Post
    I like ER1B much better than the BT. I have bought several bottles of ER and only one bottle of BT and I only spend more than $30 on bourbon a couple times a year.
    Thanks, brought a bottle home with me tonight. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by kickert View Post
    I just got around to having a pour of ERSB tonight...and I'm already on number 2.

While BT is very good and I found the 2 bottles shared quite a bit in common, ER seemed to be smoother. I believe I once again have a new favorite bourbon, but then again, I still have a lot to try.

Justin

Guru

I've had three bottles of this brand separated by a year each as I got them for Christmas presents. Thery were solid Bourbons with no negatives, good nose and flavor, just not exceptional enough to replace at my own expense.