Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: Four Roses: Revenge of the Fallen or Pluck a Red rose: The Rise of Rutledge

Oscar,
    The University Press has it and it is being "reviewed" now. I expect it to be out in about a year.

Mike Veach

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonv View Post
    Al is having an event promoting the book at the Filson on December 8th and at the Hunt-Morgan House on December 9th. Four Roses is donating the the ticket sales to the Filson for the event here in Louisville and i assume they are doing the same to the Hunt-Morgan House. Here at the Filson we will be drinking some William Berkele bourbon sold by Frankfort Distillery during prohibition, along with Four Roses products. It should be a great time.

Mike Veach
    That sounds like a great event Mike. Any chance you can get me a ticket?
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

Got the Four Roses book today via Amazon. Haven't had the chance to read it yet but, flipping through it, the pictures look great (particularly of the 4R advertisements.

looks like a good addition to the library.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

Still waiting for my copy.
    Ordered on Dec 4 and I checked the status this morning and it still has not shipped and they say arrival date is Dec 31-Jan 12.
    I've never had an order take this long from Amazon before.
    ovh

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Still waiting for my copy.
    Ordered on Dec 4 and I checked the status this morning and it still has not shipped and they say arrival date is Dec 31-Jan 12.
    I've never had an order take this long from Amazon before.
    Keep us updated Oscar..... The book would likely never be released here, so Amazon is my only option. It's in my cart waiting to finalise our order, but says it takes up to 3 weeks to ship