Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,559

    Jones Bacon Soda

    http://www.jonessoda.com/

    http://www.myjones.com/store/jones-b...iday-case.html

    Hmm, Bacon Soda and ____ ?

    Bacon Soda & Beam
    Bacon Soda & Jack

    Anybody tried this stuff? It sounds....odd.

    http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/ar...elves/19697827

    "Nailing the flavor was tough. We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon. The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork. But eventually we were able to get the crispiness of bacon in there without it being overpowered by porkiness," Esch said."

    "We spent many rounds and many afternoons getting the flavor right. One would be too smoky, one too sweet, one too much like maple. But the flavor we finally went with is spot-on. It's a complex flavor with many levels. I think we hit it out of the park on this one," Spear said.

    "It's also good as a mixer in cocktails. Bourbon and bacon soda go together very nicely."

    Well, worth a shot when I see on the shelf.
    Last edited by Jono; 11-04-2010 at 21:40.

  2. #2
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    http://www.jonessoda.com/

    http://www.myjones.com/store/jones-b...iday-case.html

    Hmm, Bacon Soda and ____ ?

    Bacon Soda & Beam
    Bacon Soda & Jack

    Anybody tried this stuff? It sounds....odd.

    http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/ar...elves/19697827

    "Nailing the flavor was tough. We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon. The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork. But eventually we were able to get the crispiness of bacon in there without it being overpowered by porkiness," Esch said."

    "We spent many rounds and many afternoons getting the flavor right. One would be too smoky, one too sweet, one too much like maple. But the flavor we finally went with is spot-on. It's a complex flavor with many levels. I think we hit it out of the park on this one," Spear said.

    "It's also good as a mixer in cocktails. Bourbon and bacon soda go together very nicely."

    Well, worth a shot when I see on the shelf.

    I'm all over it, and I bet brad would be, too. I might end up mixing some handy with soda just to see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northwest of Peoria
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    I'm all over it, and I bet brad would be, too. I might end up mixing some handy with soda just to see what happens.
    I hate to say it, Erik but I think I'll pass.

    While I love bacon, bourbon, and whenever I'm not drinking tea or milk I'm drinking soda, some combinations just strike me as weird.

    Its me, I know it is. I have some strange food habits. I still don't like my food to touch; meat goes on my plate and my veggies go in a bowl. I drive my wife nuts with the number of dishes I dirty.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silver Spring - MD / Washington - DC
    Posts
    283

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    bacon food trend... is overplayed...

    it's over folks... move on
    Visit the search for glory in the bottle: http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/
    My video reviews http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...16DDF465CBC112

  5. #5
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    3,425

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    Haven't tried it but did order one as an Xmas present for a neighbor who is a bacon fanatic.
    John B

    "Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

  6. #6
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silver Spring - MD / Washington - DC
    Posts
    283

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    So do people like bacon more on the chewy side? or the crispy side?

    The few times I crave it I like chewy...
    Visit the search for glory in the bottle: http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/
    My video reviews http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...16DDF465CBC112

  7. #7
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    Quote Originally Posted by imbibehour View Post
    So do people like bacon more on the chewy side? or the crispy side?

    The few times I crave it I like chewy...
    It depends. Am I putting it on burgers, or devouring it directly from the plate?
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West of the Rockies
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    Quote Originally Posted by imbibehour View Post
    bacon food trend... is overplayed...

    it's over folks... move on
    Never! Bacon is one of the greatest things on the face of this planet. I rank it's greatest only slightly higher than Brett Favre's.
    C

    "everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

  9. #9
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silver Spring - MD / Washington - DC
    Posts
    283

    Re: Jones Bacon Soda

    Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    It depends. Am I putting it on burgers, or devouring it directly from the plate?
    I think my head just exploded...
    Visit the search for glory in the bottle: http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/
    My video reviews http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...16DDF465CBC112

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Authors, Whiskey & the Soda Question
    By funknik in forum Cocktails
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 03:44
  2. PAUL JONES
    By **DONOTDELETE** in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2000, 12:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top