Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Four Roses Barrel Strength?

I have never seen one of the shelves before, given I do live in North Alabama in its largest market(Huntsville). However was just up there recently about a month ago, even at the liquor barn in Lexington and never saw it. It looks to be just as hard to get as the buffalo antique collection. I was just curious, ended up going the tour and got a bottle each of the single barrel and small batch as the girlfriend liked that more.

Virtuoso

Re: Four Roses Barrel Strength?

There are several different products of Four Roses Barrel Strength:

*Mariage - and the new Small Batch limited edition that is no longer called Mariage

*Limited Editions - such as the 40th, and 120th

*Yearly edition single barrels

*Private Selections - Single barrels such as the Binnys, Party Source, Julios and Ledgers bottlings

All are yearly releases or anniversary releases, except for the Private Selections, which some stores try to keep as running stock, and some do sporadically.

I don't know how to help you in your area with regularly scheduled releases, but you may want to acquaint yourself before traveling with stores that stock Private Selections. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any one up to date place to go to see who all the players are.

Roger

Enthusiast

Yeah I was talking of the 40th anniv single barrel type bottle. Same with the Mariage.

Advanced Taster

Do you mean the Limited Edition 2010 Barrel Strength (that replaced the Mariage)? It's in the Small Batch bottles (wide, curved). It's been at the Hamburg Liquor Barn in Lexington, still some left. I got one. Pretty good stuff. We had the 100th Anniversary Barrel Strength that was in the Single Barrel bottles for awhile, but don't have them any more.

Enthusiast

I can't make it up to Lexington in the next month sadly for just a bourbon trip so looks like I am out of luck. Wish I was that close.
    Last edited by Virus_Of_Life; 11-11-2010 at 08:41. Reason: Don't post to active ebay links

Enthusiast

There's a store here in town (Chattanooga,TN) that has 6 of the 120 anniversary bottling. I believe they're priced at $71 a bottle. It's identical to the image you posted from eBay. They also made a 100 anniversary as stated above. I've had the 120 and it's really good, but hardly something I would buy regularly seeing at it's $70 a bottle. I will be heading to Ft. Payne, AL next week for work, how close is that to Huntsville? I might be able to bring you one if you're interested.

Autiger, please don't post to active ebay links, there's other ways to show the bottle referring to. We don't like to promote, and therefore; jack up the price of bottles anymore than is inevitable.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonNOOG View Post
    There's a store here in town (Chattanooga,TN) that has 6 of the 120 anniversary bottling. I believe they're priced at $71 a bottle. It's identical to the image you posted from eBay. They also made a 100 anniversary as stated above. I've had the 120 and it's really good, but hardly something I would buy regularly seeing at it's $70 a bottle. I will be heading to Ft. Payne, AL next week for work, how close is that to Huntsville? I might be able to bring you one if you're interested.
    What store bourbonNoog? That would be great to know.

Ft Payne would be about an hour away for you and I would not want you doing that, but I definitely appreciate the offer. I might be up for traveling that way as its only an hour and half and spend the day up there, love that downtown.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by autiger23 View Post
    What store bourbonNoog? That would be great to know.

Ft Payne would be about an hour away for you and I would not want you doing that, but I definitely appreciate the offer. I might be up for traveling that way as its only an hour and half and spend the day up there, love that downtown.
    Don't exactly know the name but it's on Hixson Pike in a shopping complex next to a BiLo. The offer still stands to meet in Ft. Payne. I work for a company with a manufacturing facility there and make the drive once a week to shoot photo's of the product and do a couple of other things around the plant, so it wouldn't be out of my way, but either way.

The store I'm speaking of is probably 15-20 minutes outside of the downtown area depending on which direction you go. I would go by there but it's a bit out of my way considering I live the other direction from downtown about the same distance. So, if you're not gonna make it here let me know, the Ft. Payne option is still open and sounds like it's only about 30 minutes for ya, as opposed to an hour and 30 minutes to Chattanooga.

Guru

FWIW, it looks like the Party Source is more heavily promoting their out-of-state shipping program. looks like Alabama is on the list of 37 states they ship to.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."