Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where to find good Bourbon in Brisbane Australia

Hey guys. Long time no see. Joined here a long time ago, when I was starting my collection. Newest to which are a nice set of triplets of the new turkey tradition. I'll have to get the photo's out later! Managed to get three still in their shipping box.

But yes in Brisbane for a couple of days getting orientation for my new (first) full time job. So I'm looking for a place or two to check in in brisbane for some nice stuff that might be hard to find elsewhere.

Also if anyone is up-to-date on their flying 'laws' as to how many unopened bottles are allowed in baggage.

Cheers for any help. I'll be excited to find some newbies.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Re: Where to find good Bourbon in Brisbane Australia

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Brisbane!

There's not much in the way of specialty shops here (that I know of)....
    If you want something that you can't get at BWS, Dan Murphys or First Choice/Vintage Cellars/Liquorland, then try the cellar attached to Crubar in the Valley - www.crubar.com

As for flying, I think domestically you can take as much as you can fit (up to the weight limit), but I'd check with your airline.

Cheers cam,

I'll definitely try get there. I'm actually 2 mins from there atm. But it closes at 7. Hopefully tomorrow or before I fly on thursday.

Anywhere I could find something not that exotic but still unusual that I might only find in a big town like Brissy? Like four roses or something?

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I've never seen Four Roses here - only ever on www.nicks.com.au If you do find it, please let me know where
    If you haven't got some already, you might find some Buffalo Trace though.

Ahh Damn. I've got one bottle of Buffalo, still havent cracked it yet. But they actually sell it at my local down south in NSW, I'll have to do a stocktake of what they have for you guys cause they stock some pretty rare stuff IMO.

They actually have Elijah Craig 12YO, although it is for $80 (and I can get it for what $44? at coles) , I was pretty impressed since I though it was exclusive to coles and the like. I've seen Silver Blantons there for $120 which although steep (I think?) I've always wanted to pick up for my collection.

Anyway I'll let you know how my Brissy hunt goes.

Dave

Enthusiast

One place that does have out of the ordinary stuff is 5th Element @ Southbank - although it is mighty expensive.

It is no secret that I love that elixir of the gods, bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    One place that does have out of the ordinary stuff is 5th Element @ Southbank - although it is mighty expensive.
    What kind of stuff do they have?

I didn't manage to find anything special, but I only got to a BWS and a Bottle-o.

Will have to check out the others next time. But since I'll be working in Sydney now, I look forward to trying to find some hidden gems in the stores they have up there.

Also, as promised, my current stash:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...&postcount=156

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbootboy View Post
    What kind of stuff do they have?

I didn't manage to find anything special, but I only got to a BWS and a Bottle-o.

Will have to check out the others next time. But since I'll be working in Sydney now, I look forward to trying to find some hidden gems in the stores they have up there.
    They have a good assortment, last time i was there they had a VW23yo, some Rittenhouse 21 and a few others that are hard to come by.

It is no secret that I love that elixir of the gods, bourbon.

Hey Dave,
    I was in Sydney last week and didn't get online much....missed your posts. Let me know next time you're up here and we will get together for a drink.
    If you don't still have my number, send me a PM.

Cheers

Scott

P.S. Nice pics!!
    P.P.S. Check out www.wildturkeybourbon.com.au
    Jimmy and Eddie Russell are coming to town...Tuesday 17th August somewhere in Bankstown for you down there.
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra