Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Bourbon Mining

Guru

Bourbon Mining

Well, on PTO for the rest of the year (did not take a day off all year, including weekends for the most part), so I decided to start my next project… problem is I finished it while still working on the phone (got to love those jaw bone ear phone things – I guess ) .

Something I have wanted to get for a while was an old Mine/Ore Cart to finish off the wine cave theme I started on the house www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=122250&postcount=287 & www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=122252&postcount=288. So I was lucky enough to pick up some turn of the last century Gold Ore Cart axels in Sacramento off of Craig’s List and shipped them to Tucson. I decided to follow the same Purple Heart wood theme and built the cart you see in the images in the style of an 1800’s wooden ore cart.

Now I need to find another project to get me through the next 4 week s – but I am sure I will find things I really need to get done around the house

Ore Cart 01.JPGOre Cart 02.JPGOre Cart 02a.JPGOre Cart 03.JPGOre Cart 04.JPGOre Cart 05.JPGOre Cart 06.JPGOre Cart 07.JPGOre Cart 08.JPGOre Cart 09.JPGOre Cart 10.jpgOre Cart 11.jpgOre Cart 12.jpgOre Cart 13.JPGOre Cart 14.JPGOre Cart 15.JPG

Guru

Re: Bourbon Mining

Emerald you didn't include a link to your renovated camper.
    I can't seem to find it.
    ovh

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Emerald you didn't include a link to your renovated camper.
    I can't seem to find it.
    Forgot I did that as well. That was last years project. Only one use with the problems I have had on the home front. We were suppose to take it all through the midwest this summer

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...70&postcount=1

Here is the Barrel I did as well.
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...77&postcount=1
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...4&postcount=13

I think that is all my projects... for now (I may have a wood issue ).

I am going to reshoot the bunker and newly taken over "bar" room that the Ore Cart has been stationed.
    Last edited by spun_cookie; 12-10-2010 at 15:28.

Enthusiast

I'm getting a week off soon. I only wish it was in the summer. Rather than woodcraft, I will be knitting some bourbon cozies.
    Amy

Virtuoso

I have been installing a new floor in my house for the last three weeks - that mining cart looks like it was a lot more fun to do. Looking forward to the photos of the new cave and bunker - always an inspiration.

Advanced Taster

Purpleheart for the mine car? Pretty luxurious, but then a bourbon mine could afford the best.

You should set up a bourbon well - a'la Texas oil wells of the late 19th century.

(I say this having no clue what it is you're doing...)
    "Brown eyed women and red grenadine...
    the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean." -Jerry Garcia