Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator in exile

your favorite bottle style.

What is your favorite style of bourbon bottle? Mine is the bottle that contains Old Forester, Buffalo Trace and Evan Williams Single Barrel. Sleek, classy looking style that is quite easy to open and pour. Second would be the "wine bottle" style that BT uses on the better bourbons and rye. Though this style can be too tall if you are putting them in cabinet.

Virtuoso

Re: your favorite bottle style.

Open, but not yet empty.

Advanced Taster

I have to agree with you , I like the Evan williams style of bottle myself , I also like the ORVW bottles to, I wonder / wish the ORVW come in a Half Gallon size.....
    Bill G.

Disciple

I think I like the bottle that they use for Elmer T. Lee, Wathens Single Barrel, and Weller Centennial best of all. It seems to be halfway between Sleek and Modern & Old School. And it has those kewl grippy insents on the side for extra traction when you already have a buzz on!!

TomC
    Attached Images Attached Images

**DONOTDELETE**

Jeff, I happen to like the 1.75 L Buffalo Trace bottle the best. You can tune it to a low G and it blows a throaty blue tone. A is good too, but that low G is just the best. No other bottle does it so good. Looks good too. - Linn

Taster

I like the shape of wild turkey rare breed. I think that it is graceful and classy. on the other hand I think that the bottle that Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirits comes in looks too much like a clam shell.

Virtuoso

I like the normal WT bottles the best. Not too tall, not wide. The ORVW FRR fits into this category, too. Easy to fit many of them on a shelf. Easy to hold and pour. Easy to grab by the neck.

The ones I don't like are the fat bottom bottles like OFBB and the ORVW 10 yo and 15 yo bourbons. They take up too much shelf space.

Administrator in exile

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think that the bottle that Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirits comes in looks too much like a clam shell

[/QUOTE]

That was what I thought the first time I saw it. I think they were going for turkey feathers, but a shell is how it comes across. I have grown quite fond of it however. Not sure if it is because of the bottle, or what the bottle holds

Guru

As Jeff said, I've read that the Kentucky Spirit bottle is supposed to portray a turkey's tail feathers. I have found that when it starts to look more like turkey feathers than a clam shell, that means I've had enough to drink.

And yes, the content does affect one's perception of the bottle -- and vice-versa, I suppose. When the stopper weighs as much as the one in the KS bottle, that's gotta mean something, right?

To what degree should practicality enter in? I've poured Rare Breed the last couple of nights, and I can't find a comfortable way to grasp the bottle to pour from it. I also spill an extra drop or two, compared to more slender bottles with longer necks.

My favorite for looks is the Buffalo Trace bottle. For function, it's a tie among several of the slender styles, such as WT, ORVW FRR, and GTS.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Advanced Taster

I would have to say that the Woodford Resereve bottle looks pretty nice... I just wish they could make a bottle that won't have a little drip going down the outside of it after I pour a drink (or maybe that's just me... )

-Chris