Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,797

    Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    I was visiting with a former liquor store owner recently and we were discussing which high-end bourbons were a hard sell when he had a couple of stores. He specifically mentioned the Bourbon Heritage Collection was a pretty slow mover. He added that in addition to the display case that came when you purchased the complete set of five bourbons, you could get a VHS tape describing the history of each bottling and some comments on tastes. I had never heard of this. So I did a little searching and saw references to the tape being associated with the display case. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I'd like to see who produced/participated in making the tape.

    Randy

  2. #2
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,540

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    I was visiting with a former liquor store owner recently and we were discussing which high-end bourbons were a hard sell when he had a couple of stores. He specifically mentioned the Bourbon Heritage Collection was a pretty slow mover. He added that in addition to the display case that came when you purchased the complete set of five bourbons, you could get a VHS tape describing the history of each bottling and some comments on tastes. I had never heard of this. So I did a little searching and saw references to the tape being associated with the display case. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I'd like to see who produced/participated in making the tape.

    Randy
    That's news to me. Chris Morris would know, as he would have been the person who did it.

    I wonder if your guy might not be confusing the Bourbon Heritage Collections with the Classic Malts Collection. Same company at the time and the BHC was inspired by the CMC.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,408

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    the CMC.
    CMC?
    What might that be?
    ovh

  4. #4
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky!
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    CMC?
    What might that be?
    Classic Malts Collection
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

    As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

    I'm no Pappyophile

  5. #5
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,797

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Here's a link to "worthpoint" which tracks seling prices for all kinds of items. There's a pic of the five bottles and the tape that were sold on ebay in 2006.

    http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ld-charter-old

    Randy

  6. #6
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,857

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Just from how many of the BHC's continue to be found, I don't doubt that they were a tough sell when they came out. Low to mid $30's was kinda high, I guess. I've never seen that style display case in the Worthpoint picture. The ones I've seen, and the one I picked up last week, are wood. Though, the outside of that box looks like the paper design used on the miniature set. Here's the wood display case. Next time I'm through there, I'll ask him about the VHS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  7. #7
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    111

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    I own one of these VHS tapes. We watched it last April for a MAWLS event. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ad.php?t=13857 . It is kinda cheesy, with the bluegrass music band playing in the background and comparing the different whiskies to the different intrumenst in the band, but it was from 1994, so.....

    Howie
    Some people see the glass as half empty, others half full,I prefer to drink straight from the bottle

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,318

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Quote Originally Posted by stoopsie View Post
    I own one of these VHS tapes. We watched it last April for a MAWLS event. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ad.php?t=13857 . It is kinda cheesy, with the bluegrass music band playing in the background and comparing the different whiskies to the different intrumenst in the band, but it was from 1994, so.....

    Howie
    Make us some copies Howie! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

  9. #9
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DelMarVa
    Posts
    1,867

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Let's get it digital so it can be posted here and downloaded by all members. I can assist if you need me.

  10. #10
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    839

    Re: Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    Let's get it digital so it can be posted here and downloaded by all members. I can assist if you need me.
    Great idea! Count me in as someone who'd wanna see this cheesy production!
    John Q.
    Tennessee Squire
    Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva
    It won't be any cheaper than it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Someone will pay it. Someone always pays it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. I. W. Harper Heritage Collection
    By Special Reserve in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 13:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top