Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Enthusiast

Re: What Beer are you drinking - Winter '10/'11

With a bit of luck perhaps in a few weeks i can enjoy the one and only Westvleteren12 i was limited for 2 bottles only.As for now last evening i had a Van Vollenhoven stout a rare beer from the Heinekenbrewery nearby that tastes very good.

Eric.
    Netherlands

Guru

Picked up the latest Sam Adams twelve pack collection which no longer has the winter brews (Old Fezziwig, Chocolate Bock, Winter Lager, etc.). This may be the best twelve pack configuration yet: Sam Adams Lager, Scotch Ale, Revolutionary Rye, Irish Red, Noble Pils and White Ale. I started with the Revolutionary Rye, having never had it before, and really enjoyed it. The rye is subtle but adds a crisp, light spice flavor that is quite satisfying. Next up was an old favorite, Scotch Ale, which I feel SA does quite well. The Irish Red went down the hatch on St. Patrick's Day and was maltier than expected--good stuff. Just waiting for a sunny, warm day to hit the Noble Pils and White Ale. This twelver is worth it if it's available in your area.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Sampler upcoming may be my best chance to get a 6 of Pilsener Urquell talls to the boys (and girls) at Gazebo. I will bring some if I can find it under 3 months from packaging, sometimes I can get it at 8 weeks. The super-freshness and lack of impact from the light (through green glass, I mean) is a revelation. I think it may end up being this and a bottle of my 20-bourbon blend, possibly Manhattan-ized.

Gary

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    Yestery it was a Founders Backwood's Bastard.... for me this is the best of their offering and impossible to find around these parts....
    Except very near its release it is impossible to find in MI.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    Yestery it was a Founders Backwood's Bastard.... for me this is the best of their offering and impossible to find around these parts....
    I saw some of their KBS today, but, at $25 for four 12oz beers, I passed. Instead I got a tall Stone Ruination.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post
    I saw some of their KBS today, but, at $25 for four 12oz beers, I passed. Instead I got a tall Stone Ruination.
    I picked up two for $10. What the hell. It's good! (Or at least last year's version was good.)

I'd would have picked up a 4 pack but they were rationed to those on the list.