Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia. South Carolina
    Posts
    810

    Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    I'm going to be in the area next week on a mini vacation to visit some old friends and would like suggestions on good bourbon bars in these cities.

    There seem to be so many that advertise their merits.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,722

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I'm going to be in the area next week on a mini vacation to visit some old friends and would like suggestions on good bourbon bars in these cities.

    There seem to be so many that advertise their merits.

    Thanks,
    Bourbon Bistro and Jockey Silks are 2 good bourbon bars in Louisville. If you are looking for beers new Albany and blue grass is good bars as well in Louisville.

    Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Albany, In
    Posts
    45

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by nor02lei View Post
    Bourbon Bistro and Jockey Silks are 2 good bourbon bars in Louisville.
    What he said.

    If you have a taste for good beer and pizza you have to cross the river to New Albany and hit Richo's/Sportstime Pizza.

  4. #4

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    The Bluegrass Tavern in Lexington. Great selection, pretty good prices, and pretty knowledgeable bartenders.

  5. #5
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky!
    Posts
    4,745

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    Not sure when you'll be in, but keep me posted, always happy to meet up with another SBer.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

    As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

    I'm no Pappyophile

  6. #6
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    494

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    I always recommend Baxter Station in Louisville. They have the best prices in town. Went there for dinner with my wife last week. Had a pour of Saz 18 (probably 3-4 oz. neat) for $7.50. You can't beat it.

  7. #7
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    411

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

  8. #8
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    I have always liked Proof on Main (mentioned in the link above). Their food is excellent and its fun to go see the "art" exhibits in the 21c Hotel attached to it. They've had Julian do a single barrel bottling for them in the past, but don't know if they have anything currently.

    Relative to the other suggestions, Proof has a cooler, more upscale vibe to it.

    Randy

  9. #9
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    411

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    I have always liked Proof on Main (mentioned in the link above). Their food is excellent and its fun to go see the "art" exhibits in the 21c Hotel attached to it. They've had Julian do a single barrel bottling for them in the past, but don't know if they have anything currently.

    Relative to the other suggestions, Proof has a cooler, more upscale vibe to it.

    Randy
    Proof just did a "Hog and Barrel" dinner with the Van Winkles the first week of December. Unfortunately I couldn't go due to work obligations. But by all accounts it was very good.
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

  10. #10
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    292

    Re: Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville Bar recommendations

    Serafinis and Capital Cellars in Frankfort have some decent bourbons. You gotta stop bt BT for a tour! I'm working Mon, Tues, Thurs and FRi.
    Fred

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. More on Frankfort Distillery
    By veentag in forum History
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 21:43
  2. Louisville/Lexington, KY next month
    By Iceman in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 06:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top