Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Trippah and Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ahia
    Posts
    4,753

    Duty Free sightings

    The last thread like this is ready closed, so here is another.

    La Guardia central terminal duty free has the usual suspects like JD, Beam Black and Makers Mark along with WT8 and JD Silver Select. I would have liked a shot at the JDSS but there was no way to swing it.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

  2. #2
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,798

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    JD Silver Select is probably the best available bourbon.....ok, whiskey, you can currently get in Duty Free. I like it and seems like regular JD might be it's distant bastard cousin.

    Randy

  3. #3
    Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Celebration, FL
    Posts
    78

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    JD Silver Select is probably the best available bourbon.....ok, whiskey, you can currently get in Duty Free. I like it and seems like regular JD might be it's distant bastard cousin.

    Randy
    I saw a $400 bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, King George edition, at Duty Free.



    I decided to go with the JD Silver also, seemed like a better deal at less than $50.

  4. #4
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by Medicfrost View Post
    I saw a $400 bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, King George edition, at Duty Free.
    I received on of those a couple weeks ago as a gift. I think I'm going to wait a long time to drink it.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

  5. #5
    Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Celebration, FL
    Posts
    78

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    I received on of those a couple weeks ago as a gift. I think I'm going to wait a long time to drink it.
    Wow, you you get some pretty nice gifts. The way I look at it, I'd rather get 5 bottles of GTS for the price of one of those.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,040

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    The last thread like this is ready closed, so here is another.

    La Guardia central terminal duty free has the usual suspects like JD, Beam Black and Makers Mark along with WT8 and JD Silver Select. I would have liked a shot at the JDSS but there was no way to swing it.

    Taste like bananas
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  7. #7
    Trippah and Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ahia
    Posts
    4,753

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Taste like bananas
    Thank you for your input.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,040

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    Thank you for your input.
    Your fricking welcome
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  9. #9
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    678

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Is there a consensus on the quality of WT8 as compared to:

    1. The old domestic WT8.
    2. Current WT101.

    In other words, is it worth bugging friends who are flying international to pick me up a few bottles?

  10. #10
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Duty Free sightings

    Quote Originally Posted by Medicfrost View Post
    Wow, you you get some pretty nice gifts. The way I look at it, I'd rather get 5 bottles of GTS for the price of one of those.
    Agreed on both points. It was a gift from my BIL for the birth of my son so it's not a regular occurrence.

    I see them on the net for $350. It has a pretty box though and we know those can get you in trouble.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Duty free sightings!
    By ThomasH in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 17:40
  2. Duty Free
    By tsangster in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 04:45
  3. Duty Free
    By bluesbassdad in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2002, 10:04
  4. Duty Free Only
    By johnrobe in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2001, 12:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top