Well, I thought I'd start a new thread since it is 2011.

I've been diligently trying to finish some of the bottles I have open. Sometimes it's tough. There are a few bottles I don't want to finish because they aren't the greatest. But......., sometimes it's exactly the opposite. There are bottles that I don't want to finish because I want to savor them. I want to keep them around and hold on to them as long as I can. I expect most of you know what I mean. I finished one of each when I got home from work today.

I got home from work today and first reached for a bottle of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky. Much to my surprise, there wasn't much more than a sip left. Down the hatch. Yes, I drank it straight from the bottle. Why I don't know, but next my eyes fell upon a bottle of ER 101 Lawrenceburg. What the heck. There was only a small pour left in it too. This I did not chug. I poured it into a Glencairn and really took my time enjoying it right down to the very last drop.

So there you have it. A bottle of Forty Creek Canadian, and an ER 101 Lawrenceburg hit the recycle bin today. Hey, I'm down to under 30 open bottles now. Joe