Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

I just polished off a bottle of EW Black. I haven't tossed it in the recycle bin yet as it was purchased on a memorable night with my girlfriend and I'll let her make that call.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by dohidied View Post
    I just polished off a bottle of EW Black. I haven't tossed it in the recycle bin yet as it was purchased on a memorable night with my girlfriend and I'll let her make that call.
    If your girlfriend is anything like my wife, I'd get rid of the bottle before she has a chance to get on your case for not picking up after yourself. Personally, I like to keep empty, memorable bottles as souvenirs. My wife, on the other hand, has other ideas...
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    If your girlfriend is anything like my wife, I'd get rid of the bottle before she has a chance to get on your case for not picking up after yourself. Personally, I like to keep empty, memorable bottles as souvenirs. My wife, on the other hand, has other ideas...
    Haha, good advice. My girlfriend has actually started encouraging me to go dusty hunting. And the other day while we were in a liquor store she grabbed a pvw20 and a lot b because she was tired of waiting for me to research another bottle I was looking at.

Advanced Taster

Went down to the basement bar the other night, started to peruse the open bottles to select my evening libation, and D'OH—I'd forgotten my favored glass upstairs in the dishwasher. Then my nearly depleted Pappy 20 spoke to me: "Save a trip and bring the bottle to the glass." I was glad I did. That last healthy pour looked amazing in the autumn evening light. And hit the spot.

Advanced Taster

Last night I bid farewell to a smooth brown top WTKS bottled on 3/29/04. I thought this bottle was good to the very last, and luckily have another bottle from this barrel in reserve.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Guru

So long to another fine bottle of EC18. Still a winner in my book!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by dohidied View Post
    I have a memorable bottle of Makers Mark that I refill to the top when it gets low. I've done this at least 5 times now. I wait until I have about 10% left in the bottle then refill it so that I always have a small percentage of the original bourbon in the bottle.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by soad View Post
    I have a memorable bottle of Makers Mark that I refill to the top when it gets low. I've done this at least 5 times now. I wait until I have about 10% left in the bottle then refill it so that I always have a small percentage of the original bourbon in the bottle.
    That's awesome. Wish I'd thought of that.

I finished a FR Yellow, and a Barclay's so far this week. Please stay tuned. There may be more to follow. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Virtuoso

I knocked down a HH BiB gold label and a McKenna single barrel. Tough week for Heaven Hill. Oh and a WTRR Rye.