Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hello from Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Dad View Post
    ...I did go in there tonight to see if they had some Bernheim, but no luck...
    I know where there's at least a single bottle of Bernheim on a shelf within a reasonable drive (25 miles?). PM me if you don't find one.
    Tim

Guru

Welcome aboard Marine Dad.

Welcome aboard, Are you a Marine that is a dad or a dad of a Marine? I hope your enjoying your time here and plan on becoming a long time member. You'll find that this is a group of very good people that will help you when ever they can. Ask questions when you have them, post your thoughts. Come join us in chat ( the gazebo ) just have a good time and maybe make some new friends.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Novice

p-elliott,

Thanks for the welcome.

I am a dad of a Marine (actually he got out in June of last year). However, I will always consider myself a Marine Dad because, as you probably know, there is no such thing as an ex-Marine or ex-Marine Dad. Too damn proud of him to consider myself anything else !

I picked up my first wheater last night, Weller SR. Have to say I like it so far. I had read that it was also good for mixing, so I will have to try that later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Dad View Post
    p-elliott,

Thanks for the welcome.

I am a dad of a Marine (actually he got out in June of last year). However, I will always consider myself a Marine Dad because, as you probably know, there is no such thing as an ex-Marine or ex-Marine Dad. Too damn proud of him to consider myself anything else !

I picked up my first wheater last night, Weller SR. Have to say I like it so far. I had read that it was also good for mixing, so I will have to try that later on.
    I'm glad your son did his service for his country but but got out safe and sound. Tell him we say Thank You! You have every right to be proud.

Weller SR is some pretty good stuff next bottle take it up a notch and try Old Weller Antique 107 it's even better.

Paul

I have noticed that you are on in the mornings a lot there are a couple of us Rutter from the UK and me and few stragglers that are in chat in the am so join in.

Welcome to SB Greg. Hope you enjoy it here. Semper Fi! My dad was navy, my brother and I army, and my FIL marines. It's all good! Glad to see you're a proud parent. As far as bourbon goes, it's all good too. Have fun figuring it out. Just kidding. Read some old posts, check the current ones, and try and drop by the chat sometime. Lot's of info here, that most members willingly share. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"