Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Cowdery Interview

David said he'd like to do another hour at some point. I'm glad it was well received. Since I normally write and can look things up, it's a bit daunting to do an hour off the top of your head.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    David said he'd like to do another hour at some point. I'm glad it was well received. Since I normally write and can look things up, it's a bit daunting to do an hour off the top of your head.
    Looking forward to the second hour. A podcast would be a great idea - call it the Bourbon Country Herald or something...play some blues...interview industry people and maybe even some SB'ers that have vast experience and great collections...could be a lot of fun.
    Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Looking forward to the second hour. A podcast would be a great idea - call it the Bourbon Country Herald or something...play some blues...interview industry people and maybe even some SB'ers that have vast experience and great collections...could be a lot of fun.
    Another great idea, Ryan. Chuck would be marrying two of his great passions by spinning some Chicago blues and talking whiskey. And I think it would be very interesting to talk to "the man on the street" (i.e.--a few SB'ers) about how and why they got in to bourbon.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Have you tasted that stuff I'm siding with Chuck's original statement.
    Yes, I have tried it (as have others here). I've talked with the distiller, Don Outterson, and he seems to be a stand-up guy. I have no reason to doubt his statement that his bourbon mash bill is 51% corn.

The bourbon is available at The Party Source & Binny's (among other locations)... you can try it for yourself.

Again, my comment is not aimed at Chuck... just trying to correct an honest misstatement.
    Last edited by jburlowski; 01-17-2011 at 16:41.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

This whole issue is what, in the law, is called de minimis.

I have a great face for radio.
    LOL. Wish I'd said that! In addition, I have a great voice for newspapers! (With me, you've got to read between the wrinkles!)

...Since I normally write and can look things up, it's a bit daunting to do an hour off the top of your head.
    Yeah, boy! (as they say around here.)
    Tim

Guru

de minimus or da most, what counts is what's in the bottle. Chuck I appreciate you spreading the word about Bourbon being a World class spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Yes, I have tried it (as have others here). I've talked with the distiller, Don Outterson, and he seems to be a stand-up guy. I have no reason to doubt his statement that his bourbon mash bill is 51% corn.

The bourbon is available at The Party Source & Binny's (among other locations)... you can try it for yourself.

Again, my comment is not aimed at Chuck... just trying to correct an honest misstatement.
    I'm sorry I was trying poorly to be humorous, I have no doubt it's 51% corn and I didn't think you were attacking Chuck, and I have met the the distiller myself as well. It's just that I think this stuff sucks and hardly constitutes being called bourbon.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    I'm sorry I was trying poorly to be humorous, I have no doubt it's 51% corn and I didn't think you were attacking Chuck, and I have met the the distiller myself as well. It's just that I think this stuff sucks and hardly constitutes being called bourbon.
    Opinions differ here on Woodstone Creek. I happen to like it and am glad to see a microdistiller producing fully-aged (4+ years) SBW. I think some of the adverse reaction to it is that, because of the low corn content, it doesn't taste "bourbon" enough.

As always, YMMV.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Opinions differ here on Woodstone Creek. I happen to like it and am glad to see a microdistiller producing fully-aged (4+ years) SBW. I think some of the adverse reaction to it is that, because of the low corn content, it doesn't taste "bourbon" enough.

As always, YMMV.
    I don't know if it's strictly the mash bill. It also doesn't seem to have the wood extractives that it should after more than four years. That could be because of poor aging conditions, insufficient seasoning of the wood, a very light char, or all three.