Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Taster

Heresy in Gainesville

Hello all. I have been lurking on the forum for several months and find the posts engaging and educational. Everyone is courteous to one another and adds value to the discussion. This is the kind of forum that I want to be a part of. I’m sure I'm what most of you would call a heretic. I very, very rarely drink bourbon, but I am in the process of building a collection – I’m currently up to 42 varieties. I have always wanted to have a liquor collection, not to sell, but to have for guests or even myself. I believe in buying it to have it drunk at some point in time. This forum has given me guidance on what might be good to add to the collection and I look forward to participating in the discussion. Who knows, I might even become a convert at some point in time.
    Last edited by onewman; 01-17-2011 at 07:02.

Guru

Re: Heresy in Gainesville

42 bottles for guests?
    Invitation accepted!!
    ovh

Guru

Re: Heresy in Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by onewman View Post
    Hello all. I have been lurking on the forum for several months and find the posts engaging and educational. Everyone is courteous to one another and adds value to the discussion.
    This had to make me chuckle given the events of the last couple days, but you are spot on. The regular posters here (except for me) are by and large courteous when replying to each other and there's a real sense of mutual respect and comradery here. That's the strength of this forum. No snobbery either. You don't have to know somebody who knows somebody to get in or risk getting kicked off if you disagree with the "in crowd".

Quote Originally Posted by onewman View Post
    This is the kind of forum that I want to be a part of. Iím sure I'm whatmost of you would call a heretic. I very, very rarely drink bourbon, but I am in the process of building a collection Ė Iím currently up to 42 varieties. I have always wanted to have a liquor collection, not to sell, but to have for guests or even myself. I believe in buying it to have it drunk at some point in time. This forum has given me guidance on what might be good to add to the collection and I look forward to participating in the discussion. Who knows, I might even become a convert at some point in time.
    I'm with Oscar, 42 bottles...I'm there.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog