Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
I know that I'm in the minority here, but I prefer the Riedel Ouverture Bourbon glass over the Glencairn.

They are usually more expensive and harder to find than the Glencairn nosing glass. I got a pair on sale for less than 20 bucks at Party Source so deals can be had on them.

I'll join you in that minority, Scott. I occasionally drink from a Glencairn, but, I simply find it too....confining? Certainly, it concentrates nosing. Maybe, even too much for bourbon??? But, after that...not much for me. It doesn't help me corral all of the other sensory perceptions of the rest of the drink. I can't seem to...wallow (if that makes any sense) in the pour after that. If I ever get to the point where I can't actually drink the whiskey in my glass, and must simply nose it, I may go to looking for more Glencairns.

Another thing about the Glencairns, is that when I hold them, I get this odd hankerin' to see how far I can throw it, and, how tight a spiral I can get! That weighted end, and the bulbous middle that gives a good grip..............Go Deep!!!!