Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Virtuoso

New guy from Minnesota

It dawned on me today that I forgot to introduce myself properly. Sorry! Here goes:

I'm in my mid-30s, living in the Twin Cities area, relatively new to bourbon. I drank gallons of Beam White and Jack, when I could afford it (mostly before I was legal) but just came back to whiskey a couple years ago after a long layoff. Bought a bottle of EC12 on a whim and was really impressed (bought another one and wasn't as impressed... way too oaky) and then took a year-long side trip of discovery through the land of Scotch. What I found was that I really like whisk(e)y. Period. Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, Rye... you name it. (OK, I ran into a few I didn't like... why dwell on that, though?)

So now that I have a better idea of what I like, I find myself with a small rotation of single malts and bourbons/ryes (I don't have the space or the budget to bunker-- if I buy it, I drink it) and I make a point to try something new at least every month or so.

Thanks to everyone, several of you have been very helpful already, and I've spent hours and hours reading through old posts, which has helped me immensely and really opened my eyes to the world of bourbon.

Glad to be here!

Re: New guy from Minnesota

Welcome aboard Brisko. Glad to have you. Looks like you've done a little homework. That helps a lot. There's nothing wrong with having a taste for all whiskies. Like I say from time to time, "It's all good!" Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Welcome! I've enjoyed your posts thus far Brisko. A number of others have noticed the same consistency issues with EC 12. I'm still quite fond of it, though.

Anyway, welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Josh; 02-03-2011 at 08:08.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Welcome aboard Brisko I have noticed your post. You already know your way around. I have seen you on site when chat is going so drop in some time you'll have a good time. Keep posting!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Virtuoso

Thanks, guys! Appreciate it.

Guru

Hey Brisko, welcome aboard.