Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Disciple

Four Roses MMC Valentine Mailer

Am I the only one who received the Valentines MMC mailer?

Four Roses sent a liquor gift box with roses on it that they encouraged us to add a bottle of Yellow Label too. Well that's the only bottle that would fit in it.

It was a fun idea but left me high and dry in Ohio since we don't get that expression here.

Thankfully we do get the FRSB and FRsmB though. Maybe next year.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Guru

Re: Four Roses MMC Valentine Mailer

Got mine yesterday and that is odd that OH has the two premiums but not the original 4R.
    MI has all three plus last month they added the 2010 4RSmB LE so hopefully they'll have the 2011 4R1B LE this Spring.
    ovh

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I got that, too. Hey, I appreciate getting things from the distilleries, and this was really unexpected. And, it is the thought that counts. But, a box? A box? Really, guys? It's almost like they had some of these left over from some earlier promotion, and were going to throw them away, when somebody piped up, "No, don't throw them away. That would be wasteful. Let's send them to our MMC members, and let them throw em away!

But, again, it is the thought that counts, so I won't harp on it.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

It was nice getting it. A couple of weeks before Father's Day last year Wild Turkey sent me a box that Rare Breed fits into and a Rare Breed label to put on top of the label of the bottle that you are to go out and buy that said Happy Fathers Day 2010.
    ovh

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Got mine yesterday and that is odd that OH has the two premiums but not the original 4R.
    MI has all three plus last month they added the 2010 4RSmB LE so hopefully they'll have the 2011 4R1B LE this Spring.
    The original deal to get FR on the shelves in Ahia was for SB and SmB and just a smattering of stores.

We're glad to get what we got, though a little bird told me that the yellow label could be here as soon as mid-year.

Now, I need to decorate my new FR box.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

It only fits the Yellow Label? I must not care for the person much if that's what I'm giving them (not that I don't like it, but I like the SB and SmB better)
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    It was nice getting it. A couple of weeks before Father's Day last year Wild Turkey sent me a box that Rare Breed fits into and a Rare Breed label to put on top of the label of the bottle that you are to go out and buy that said Happy Fathers Day 2010.
    I have never received anything from WT even though I'm a member of the RB society.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Got mine in the mail today. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

Got mine last week. Pa got shafted just opposite of Ohio. They received the yellow label but not the others. Could it be a cross border brand collusion? When it involves 2 contol states, who knows!

Thomas

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Is there still time to take back my less-than-enthusiastic response to receiving the MMC Valentine Mailer? Mrssmokinjoe saw fit to sneak it out, fill it with a bottle of Yellow Label, and give it to me as a Valentine's gift. Absolutely, GREAT IDEA, Four Roses!!!!! I just knew this was going to be a smash! Just wanted to underplay it a wee bit. Didn't want to create too much excitement, and create a run on Yellow Label. Disrupt distribution, and all....Corn prices are already high....Yeah, that's the ticket....Just thinkin' about you guys... Well, a thank you to 4R, and a big thank you to my honey. I think that Four Roses should do the same thing next year! But, with a small squatish box that would just happen to fit the 2011 LE!! I'll make sure Amy sees it when it arrives.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama