Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: New from KY

Apprentice

New from KY

Bourbon rookie here. I am ashamed to say I live in the heart of bourbon country and only began to partake in the last six months. It is amazing how much I have enjoyed pouring different bourbons over ice and sampling. I am on a vacation from beer until further notice. I have been browsing the site for about 2 weeks and came away impressed by the bourbon knowledge. As a result of the BOTM threads and subsequent notes/reports I have now tried the following so far:
    Elmer T Lee - Thought it was very smooth
    Elijah Craig 12yr - Not my favorite - seemed to have heavy wood flavor
    Basil Hayden - Enjoyed

Going to pick up some KC, ECR10, and 4RSB tomorrow. I look forward to reading this site. CD

Re: New from KY

Welcome to SB Chris. This is the right place to be if you want to learn more about bourbon. Good times, good people, and good bourbon. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Hi Chris welcome aboard sorry it took so long to post to your thread. On a hiatus from beer so your taking up bourbon that sounds familiar. My wife was complaining how I smelled after drinking beer so I gave bourbon a try and was hooked. Found this site and the rest is history. I hope you like the place, post often tell us how your coming along in your journey. Ask any questions you may have. Come join us in chat it's the gazebo at the top of the main forum page, we have a good time.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Hi Chris, welcome aboard.

Disciple

Welcome to the forum. If you liked the Basil's, try Old Grand-Dad 100 and 114, as it's the same producer and same mashbill. Let us know what you think. Enjoy the site!