Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Re: Bourbon in Hawaii

We booked the flights on the weekend, and will book accomodation this week All the family is very excited and our 2yo daughter is even saying 'Waikiki' when we ask her where we're going

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll start to follow up with the recomended stores in early May to ensure anything I am after can be ordered if need be..

It's just short of 2 months until we are in Hawaii, so I'll be contacting The Liquor Collection and Tamura's Wine to see what they have in stock and/or can order in. I'll report back here if I get a reply, otherwise I'll just go and visit the stores when I'm there.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    It's just short of 2 months until we are in Hawaii, so I'll be contacting The Liquor Collection and Tamura's Wine to see what they have in stock and/or can order in. I'll report back here if I get a reply, otherwise I'll just go and visit the stores when I'm there.
    While you're at Tamura's, pick up some poke (raw fish with spices and sauce); it's some of my favorite on the islands. (There's a picture in the link below).

http://recenteats.blogspot.com/2008/...nal-day-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
    While you're at Tamura's, pick up some poke (raw fish with spices and sauce); it's some of my favorite on the islands. (There's a picture in the link below).

http://recenteats.blogspot.com/2008/...nal-day-1.html
    Poke doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy (I'm not a big fish fan), but my wife can't wait to try it!

This time in three weeks we'll be enjoying our first day/night in Hawaii. It's come around really quick.
    We've got a shopping day planned that takes us past The Liquor Collection and Tamura's. I plan on stopping at both to check out what they've got in stock. My hope is to find some Makers 46, Knob Creek Single Barrel as these aren't available in Australia, and something else interesting like the Jeffersons 15 mentioned.
    I also want to pick up something basic to drink while we're there for the week. Does ABC carry half size bottles? Do they have anything interesting?

Also, does anyone know if I can pick up Kentucky or bourbon produce (like bourbon balls and bourbon bbq sauce) in Hawaii?

Thanks to everyone for their replies and PM's..... We fly to Sydney in a few hours, then onto Hawaii this evening In 24 hours or so, we'll be on the beach in Waikiki

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their replies and PM's..... We fly to Sydney in a few hours, then onto Hawaii this evening In 24 hours or so, we'll be on the beach in Waikiki
    Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Where are you staying?

Enthusiast

Congrats on your vacation! The only bad part of visiting Hawaii is that moment where you step from the jet bridge to the threshold of the plane. I have to force myself to move that last step.....
    I come here because you people make me feel normal.

Arrived safe and sound.... if a bit jet-lagged. Staying a block back from the beach in Waikiki at Aston Pacific with surf, city & mountain views from the 32nd floor Enjoyed my first ocean swim in 4 years (and we live near the beach )
    Checked out the local ABC stores and Food Pantry... found the typical Jim Beam, Makers Mark, Jack Daniels & Wild Turkey as well as Ri1, Woodford Reserve, Red Stag, Knob Creek, Knob Creek Single Barrel, Makers 46, Jack Daniels Tennesse Honey and Jim Beam Rye..... a better selection than some Australian bottle shops

Caught a cab from Waikiki to Tamuras Fine Wines at Honolulu..... scored a Bottle of Makers 46, Old Overholt Rye 80 proof and Vintage 23 Rye. I finally get the 'bottom shelf' concept everyone on here talks about.....