Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

new guy from California

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I've recently turned 21 and have taken a strong liking to alcohol in all it's forms. I grew up in a house where tequila was more common than water and actually began drinking it at age 14 in small amounts. On my 21st birthday I recieved a bottle of jack Daniels, which at first, repulsed me. I choked that bottle down and now after trying other whisky's it's grown on me.

My favorite kind of whisky is Tennessee whisky (Jack and George). Bourbon is my second favorite and scotch is my third. My favorite whisky I've had to date is wild turkey 101. Although there is many more I'd like to try. If anybody has suggestions of any good bourbons I can get in the Hollywood area that would be great.

Guru

Re: new guy from California

Hello there CB, welcome aboard. Ask your questions and you might try the search function to look up some prior posts.

Virtuoso

Welcome! We're lucky to have a great store in Hollywood, K&L on Vine south of Sunset.

You'll find lots of recommendations on this site, and you'll find lots of good stuff at K&L. If you haven't tried Buffalo Trace, you should definitely give it a try.

Ah thanks for the tip. I'll give both stores a try!