I picked up this rye a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it very much. I can say little about its vital signs, other than my bottle reads "barrel no. 3" and that it was bottled at 43% abv.

The nose is young rye quickly followed by strawberry. There is a lot of fruit. The fruit is chased by something floral. The overall nose is flat, almost smoky, like breathing in a cloud of unsweetened cocoa powder.

The taste is incredible, an amazing amount of fruit is floating in a punch bowl of rye. The rye flames out into dark chocolate, and that dark chocolate lingers well into and then all the way through finish. At the very end, that cocoa powder from the nose seems to return at the back of my throat.

There is *no* bitterness or burn, which is something of an "ah-ha" moment for me. To explain, I have always associated bitterness/burn with alcohol...but this young whiskey might have shown me the truth. I think that the bitterness/burn that I dislike might be wood (maybe the tannin?)

This is a dangerous dram, in that it disappears way to quickly from the glass.

I'm unsure how widely distributed this product is, but if you can find one...I would really recommend that you snag it. To me, this is everything that a craft whiskey should be.