Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Guru

Re: High West Pioneer!

Keith has a right to find a whiskey "less than impressive" for whatever reason he wants, doesn't he?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by keith18 View Post
    It didn't diminish the taste, just makes the product less impressive knowing they didn't make it. Maybe that's a distinction without a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I think there's a point at which "who the hell cares where it comes from, that's some good hooch" comes into play.
    I take Keith to mean that any fact that could possibly distract him from having to the gall to plop down $149 for one of the most delicious whiskeys he's every drunk is a fact worth dwelling upon.

That 21 year-old rye is like glittering gold in a bottle. I myself have been tempted to spring for it numerous times (I find it around here for $120-$130), but I have found the strength to resist.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Virtuoso

Would you buy it if you rated it higher than your favorite whiskey in a blind taste test?

I think there's a point at which "who the hell cares where it comes from, that's some good hooch" comes into play.

Sky, I continue to appreciate your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Keith has a right to find a whiskey "less than impressive" for whatever reason he wants, doesn't he?
    Sure... but it all goes back to the van winkle thing. Who here dislikes VWFRR because Julian and Preston didn't distill it themselves? BT didn't distill Saz 18. Black Maple Hill... &c. I'm sad to see this thread still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    I take Keith to mean that any fact that could possibly distract him from having to the gall to plop down $149 for one of the most delicious whiskeys he's every drunk is a fact worth dwelling upon.

That 21 year-old rye is like glittering gold in a bottle. I myself have been tempted to spring for it numerous times (I find it around here for $120-$130), but I have found the strength to resist.

149 for a 21 year old whiskey is actually not a bad deal at all, unfortunately. I think HW's 18 is much better than the 21- but it's all opinion. Perkins can rectify some damn good whiskey though.
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.